Make practicing word families fun with this super cute, free Snowman themed Word Family Spinners for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This snowman printables makes it fun for early readers to listen for similar ending sounds and rhyming words to improve reading fluency. Print pdf file with kindergarten winter activity and be ready to make learning fun this December, January, and February.
Word Family Spinners
This fun winter literacy activities is perfect helping preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students improve reading skills by reading word family words. Learning the patterns in words and the rhyming ending sound is one of the strongest indicators of future reading abilities. We have lots of free printable word family spinners with a fun winter theme. The winter printables include snowmen where students spin the spinner around the snowman body to read the word families. The happy snowman have pictures for each word family so help emergent readers. Then, students can work on writing letters and words by filling in the snowman word family worksheet pages too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun literacy activity for kindergartners. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool reading or phonics curriculum.
Kindergarten winter activity
Print your choice of one of our 12 super cute word family snowman. You will also need a “pacman” cover for each snowman you print. I suggest printing in color, on cardstock, and cut out the snowman. Finally put the “pacman” cover on top of the snowman and use a brad to affix to the snowman body.
Snowman Activities for Kindergarten
Students can turn the cover to see all the words in the same word family.
This is a great literacy skill for early readers who will learn to recognize patterns in words and read simple words.
Finally, students can practice writing words from the word family on the coordinating sheet.
Winter literacy activities
The printable includes 3 word family snowman for each vowel ending: an, ap, ad, op, et, en, ed, ip, in, it, ot, og, ug, un, and ub.
- Snow Volcano, silly Melting Snowman, snowman Eruptions Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe, easy Exploding Snowman, measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activities, and erupting Snow fun winter science experiments
- How to Make Frost in a Can or magic melting snowballs Winter Science Activities
- Circle sticker snowman craft, epic Puffy Snow Paint, fun snowflake crafts for kids, stunning glue snowman suncatcher craft, keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- Easy DIY Snow globe, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers, Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids, How to make icicles out of paper, adorable Penguin Handprint Craft
- Easy Snowman Paper Craft, snowman Handmade Greeting Cards, 30+ January Crafts for Kids, and free Simple Winter Coloring Sheets
- Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids, transfer Snowball Game, yummy Snow Ice Cream recipe, winter Snow Slime Recipe, 30+ January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime, painting in the snow activities for kids, fun Winter I Spy printable activity, Lego January STEM Activities, Rhyming 5 Little Snowman Activity, DIY Launcher Snowman Activities, and suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words, beginning sounds Snowman Printable, free Snowman Coloring Pages, and dab the letter Snowflake Worksheets
- Snowman Word Family Winter Activities for Kindergarten, free Snowman Worksheet pack, snow globe letter find winter worksheets for kindergarten
- Penguin Printable Beginnig Sounds Match, and winter worksheets for kindergarten
- Snowman Writing Prompts, or these Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF, or make a winter book with these Winter Writng Prompts for Kindergarten
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z, snowflake Winter Compound Words, free Build a Snowman Sequencing, letter tracing Hat and Mitten Free Winter Printables
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers, Sight Word Winter Worksheets, 20 Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers and Kindergarten, Polar Bear Printable Alphabet Match, There was an old lady who swallowed some snow worksheets, and free Arctic Animal Worksheets
- Snowman Counting Book, Free printable shape puzzles for winter, Snowman Math Craft for addition and subtraction, Winter Printable Telling Time, Snowman Activities for Preschool, Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles, Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Cute Snowman Counting Cards, Snowman Winter Worksheets for place value, Multiplication Snowman activity, and snowman sums Winter Math Activities
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Workshsets, cover Snowman Math Game, Snowflake Math Counting to 100, Winter Math Games for Kindergartners, count to 10 Snowman Puzzles, Winter Dot-to-Dot Worksheets, How to Make Chocolate Worksheets Printables
- Shape Matching Penguin Activities, Free Winter Color by Number, color words Winter Dot Marker Printables, measurement Winter Math Worksheets, and Count to 20 Winter Playdough Mats
Word Family Activities
- Dab a Dot Mazes Word Family Worksheets, Airplane Word Family Worksheets, Cooking up Rhymes with Word Family Printables activity or Lion Rhyming Word Family Activity
- Adorable Word Family Worksheets, free Flower Word Family Match, this bee rhyming words activity, sidewalk Word Family activity, or this Word family Bump Game
- Clever Word Family Clip Cards printable, Word Family Sliders with context clues, or Transportation Word Family Sliders to learn blends.
- Film strip themed word family printable, free “in” words Board Game, spring bubble Word Family Sort,
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Worksheets and chocolate kiss sorting word family activity
- Spring flowers word family printable to practice, Easter eggs word family activity, Easter Word Family Worksheets, and Patriotic CVC Word
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables sliders, pumpkin pie word family activity, Spin and Cover turkey games, Turkey Word Family Feather Sort
- Christmas Word Family for Kindergarteners or Snowman Word Family Printables activity
- More word family activities
Word Family Worksheets
Working on word families helps children learn to decode words. The next step is phonics! Learn how to teach phonics and grab some of our FREE phonics worksheets and hands-on activities too!
- Free-ab word family worksheets, printable ad word family worksheets, handy –ap Word Family Worksheets, cute –at word family worksheets with pictures
- -ed Word Family Worksheets, printable –eg Word Family Worksheets, free-en Word Family Worksheets for Kindergarten, –et word family worksheets practice pages, ee word family worksheets
- –ig word family worksheets for Kindergarten, –in word family worksheets, free ip word family printable worksheets, -it Word Family Worksheets for kids
- –og Word Family Worksheets to improve reading and spelling, op word family worksheets, free –ot word family worksheets and activities
- –ub Word Family Worksheets for fun practice, ug Word Family Worksheets, printable un word family worksheets
Snowman Word Family Spinner
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!