Make practicing word families fun with this super cute, free Snowman themed Word Family Spinners for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This snowman printables makes it fun for early readers to listen for similar ending sounds and rhyming words to improve reading fluency. Download pdf file with kindergarten winter activity and be ready to make learning fun this December, January, and February.
Word Family Spinners
This fun winter literacy activities is perfect helping preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students improve reading skills by reading word family words. Learning the patterns in words and the rhyming ending sound is one of the strongest indicators of future reading abilities. We have lots of free printable word family spinners with a fun winter theme. The winter printables include snowmen where students spin the spinner around the snowman body to read the word families. The happy snowman have pictures for each word family so help emergent readers. Then, students can work on writing letters and words by filling in the snowman word family worksheet pages too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun literacy activity for kindergartners. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool reading or phonics curriculum.
Kindergarten winter activity
Print your choice of one of our 12 super cute word family snowman. You will also need a “pacman” cover for each snowman you print. I suggest printing in color, on cardstock, and cut out the snowman. Finally put the “pacman” cover on top of the snowman and use a brad to affix to the snowman body.
Word Family Spinner
Students can turn the cover to see all the words in the same word family.
Word Family Printable
This is a great literacy skill for early readers who will learn to recognize patterns in words and read simple words.
Winter Family Worksheets
Finally, students can practice writing words from the word family on the coordinating sheet.
Winter literacy activities
The printable includes 3 word family snowman for each vowel ending: an, ap, ad, op, et, en, ed, ip, in, it, ot, og, ug, un, and ub.
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Super cute Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Christmas Phonics Activity for working on phonics skills with word families!
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Activity
- Turkey Word Family Sort
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Easter Egg Word Families Activity
- Word Family Flowers Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Transportation Word Family Slides Printables with blends
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Free printable Rhyming Word Families Kindergarten
- Lion Words Family Printable – read and clip
- Planting Carrot CVC Words worksheets
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
Winter Activities for Kids
Kindergarten Winter Printables
- Winter Dot Marker Printables for practicing color words
- Build a Snowman Worksheet for working on sequencing
- Snowballs Odd and Even Number Activity
- Arctic Animals Preschool Printables – huge pack with lots of ways to learn math and literacy skills!
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction within 10
- Counting Snowman Printables– make a book to count to 10 snowmen
- Winter Color by Number
- Huge Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Winter Count to 10 Pack
- Hundreds Chart Winter Coloring
- Puffy Snow Paint for Kids
- Super cute Snowman Craft with circle stickers
- Count to 10 Snowman Activities for Preschool
- Snow Globe Find the Letter Worksheets
- Snowman Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Free Winter Playdough Mats
- Winter Alphabet Matching
- Beginning Sounds Snowman Coloring Pages
- Winter Pattern Block Printables
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Free Winter Worksheets
- Snowman Clock and telling time activities for Kindergarten
- Easy DIY Snow Globe
Download Snowman Word Family Spinner
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Day Designs.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!