Make practicing word families fun with this super cute, free Snowman themed Word Family Spinners for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. This snowman printables makes it fun for early readers to listen for similar ending sounds and rhyming words to improve reading fluency. Print pdf file with kindergarten winter activity and be ready to make learning fun this December, January, and February.
Word Family Spinners
This fun winter literacy activities is perfect helping preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students improve reading skills by reading word family words. Learning the patterns in words and the rhyming ending sound is one of the strongest indicators of future reading abilities. We have lots of free printable word family spinners with a fun winter theme. The winter printables include snowmen where students spin the spinner around the snowman body to read the word families. The happy snowman have pictures for each word family so help emergent readers. Then, students can work on writing letters and words by filling in the snowman word family worksheet pages too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun literacy activity for kindergartners. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool reading or phonics curriculum.
Kindergarten winter activity
Print your choice of one of our 12 super cute word family snowman. You will also need a “pacman” cover for each snowman you print. I suggest printing in color, on cardstock, and cut out the snowman. Finally put the “pacman” cover on top of the snowman and use a brad to affix to the snowman body.
Snowman Activities for Kindergarten
Students can turn the cover to see all the words in the same word family.
This is a great literacy skill for early readers who will learn to recognize patterns in words and read simple words.
Finally, students can practice writing words from the word family on the coordinating sheet.
Winter literacy activities
The printable includes 3 word family snowman for each vowel ending: an, ap, ad, op, et, en, ed, ip, in, it, ot, og, ug, un, and ub.
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Snowman Word Family Printable Spinners
- Christmas Tree Word Family Game
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Game
- Turkey Word Family Activity
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables
- Easter Word Family Activity
- Flower Word Family worksheets Cut & Paste
- Transportation Word Family Printable Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Rhyming Word Family Printable Strips
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Families Kindergarten
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activities
- Erupting Snow fun winter science experiments
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Magic Melting Snowballs – Easy Winter Science Activities
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids
- How to make icicles out of paper winter craft or these pretty pipe cleaner icicle craft
- P is for Penguin Handprint Craft
- Easy Snowman Paper Craft
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- 30+ January Crafts for Kids
- Simple Winter Coloring Sheets
- Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Transfer Snowball Game
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Painting in the snow activities for kids
- Winter I Spy printable and activity
- Lego January STEM Activities (free printable)
- Rhyming 5 Little Snowman Activity
- DIY Launcher Snowman Activities
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these alphabet and literacy resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Dab the Letter Snowflake Worksheets
- Snowman Word Family Spinners Winter Activities for Kindergarten
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find winter worksheets for kindergarten
- Penguin Printable Beginnig Sounds Match
- If you prefer LARGE themed packs with learning math, literacy, and more, check out these winter worksheets for kindergarten
- Snowman Writing Prompts, or these Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF, or make a winter book with these Winter Writng Prompts for Kindergarten
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Letter Tracing Hat and Mitten Free Winter Printables
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Sight Word Winter Worksheets
- 20 Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers and Kindergarten
- Polar Bear Printable Alphabet Match
- There was an old lady who swallowed some snow worksheets
- Snowman Counting Book
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Printable Telling Time Math Activity
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Cute Snowman Counting Cards
- Snowman Winter Worksheets for workiing on Place Value
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Sums Winter Math Activities
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Workshsets
- Count and Cover Snowman Math Game
- Snowflake Math Counting to 100
- Winter Math Games for Kindergartners
- Count to 10 Snowman Puzzles
- Winter Dot-to-Dot Worksheets
- Sequencing Activity with How to Make Chocolate Worksheets Printables
- Shape Matching Penguin Activities
- Free Winter Color by Number
- Winter Dot Marker Printables to learn color words
- Measurement Winter Math Worksheets
- Count to 20 Winter Playdough Mats
Snowman Word Family Spinner
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Day Designs.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!