Grab these sight words worksheets for fun improving reading skills with pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students using FREE winter printables. Low prep and engaging. Who knew that reading and using sight words could be so much fun using cut and paste activities. Simple download pdf file with kindergarten sight words printables and you are ready for a no prep, educational winter activity with super cute clipart.
Sight Word Worksheets
These sight word worksheets are a great tool for helping preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students improve fluency with these common words! This pack includes over 10 super cute cut and paste worksheets to cut and paste the sight words to make sentences. Each kindergarten worksheets has space to paste the word tiles, write the new sentence on a tracer line, and draw a picture of what you said to ensure reading comprehension. These winter worksheets are super handy for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to use as extra practice, literacy center, or as a snow or snowman themed supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
I don’t know about you, but I love watching the dawning comprehension in small kids as they earn to read. One minute they are simply listening to the story and then suddenly they can read the words. Reading is one of the most important skills for young learners to master. A balanced reading program will teach many different reading strategies. One of these is learning sight words. Sight words are words that we find often in text. In fact they are also known as “high-frequency” words, because we see them repeated often. The goal is to get children to recognize these words without having to stop and sound them out.
Free Sight Word Worksheets
Kindergarten sight words worksheets
With this in mind, we have come up with a set of LOW PREP winter sight words worksheets. These are designed to help children practice using and reading kindergarten sight words.
The worksheets have a winter theme, so they are perfect for this time of year. Your students will need scissors, glue sticks and pencils to complete these sheets.
All you have to do is download and print. They are perfect for use in the classroom, homeschool, or you can send them home as extra practice.
Kindergarten sight word worksheets
- Invite students to cut out the words on the bottom of the page and sort the sight words printables into a sentence. Some students may struggle with this step, so they may need a little extra help. You could also pair up students, so they can work together and help each other.
- The second step is to glue the words to the sheet in order.
- Next students copy out the sentence. This step provides the opportunity to practise handwriting and also reinforces earlier work.
- Finally it’s time to draw a picture to illustrate the sentence! Kids love to draw, so it is a very sneaky way to check for reading comprehension
Looking for more free winter worksheets, winter activities, and winter themed ideas to make learning fun all winter long? Check out these fun resources:
- Free Printable Winter Worksheets help pre-k and kindergarten age students practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Winter Rhymes –Matching Rhyming Words Games
- Winter Pre-Writing Activity for early learners
- Practice counting to 100 with these free Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Super cute Winter Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Or work on letter recognition with these Color by Letter Winter Worksheets
- Rhyming Words with Pictures Winter Puzzles
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- Winter Syllables printable activity
- Free Printable Winter Story Starters
- Winter Roll and Cover worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun-to-Read Winter Books for Kids
- Practice counting to 10 with this super cute Free Winter Printables
Nothing says winter like snowman! Try these cute snowman printables:
- Build a CVC Word Snowman Activities for early readers!
- Adorable Count to 10 Snowman Printables Book
- Winter Snowman Word Family Spinners freebie
- Printable Snowman Clock and telling time activities
- Fun Snowman Math Craft for kids to practice addition within 10
- Build a Snowman worksheet to help kindergartners work on sequencing
- Winter Playdough Mats for kids to build common winter items
- Practice phonemic awareness with these adorable Snowman Coloring Pages
- Snowman Printables for teaching children basic shapes
- Winter Snap Cube Free Printables
- Hands-on Winter Counting activity for preschoolers
- Free Winter Worksheets for pre-k
- Super cute, count to 10 Snowman Crafts Preschool
- Snow globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Winter worksheets for Kindergartens
- Or try this easy snowman craft that uses circle stickers
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, engaging and free kindergarten sight word activities, games, and worksheets? Check these resources out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Printable Sight Words List
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
Download Winter Sight Words Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!