This Bubble word family activity makes it lots of fun for kids to improve reading and spelling by listening for the ending sound in words This word families for kindergarten, pre-k, and first graders is a great way to practice identifying word families and rhyming. In this word family sort children will sort the bubbles by the ending sound in the clipart and put them onto the mats with the bubble container they rhyme with. This word families activities is a fun spring theme or summer theme activity to work on this early litearcy skill. Simply download pdf file with word family printables and you are ready to play and learn with this phonics activity for kindergarten.
Word Families Activities
Are you as excited as I am to get outside with all this nice weather? I just love spring and summer when we can spend more time enjoying the fresh air, sunshine, blooming flowers, green grass, and majestic trees! Nothing says outside more than bubbles! Kids love blowing bubbles. And it is actually good for them strengthening mouth muscles, controlling air – my sons speach pathologist had him do that repeatedly!
With spring fever hitting, most kids are reluctant to do regular, boring school. They want to be playing! So we just have to make learning more fun to help them engage and continue to learn materials in a fun, hands-on educational activity. You will love this low prep, Word Family Activity for helping preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students improve reading readiness.
Word family printables
Word Families for kindergarten
Word Family Activity
This is such a fun activity for teaching word families. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschoolers you will love this fun, educational actity for teaching students to listen for and identify word families. This is a great extra practice, summer learning, themed activity, or literacy center. The theme is perfect for spring or summer when kids are blowing bubbles outside.
This free printable for teaching word families kindergarten is low prep making it great to whip out and prep for anytime!
Word families worksheets
Kids will sort the bubble pictures by sounding out the words. They will listen for the rhyming word family in this word family games for first grade and place the bubble by bubble container mat with the same word family sound.
This is such a great way for kids to practice rhyming words and organizing word families.
- ap word family – sap, cap map, lap
- ed word family – fed, red, bed, sled, wed
- en word family – hen, den, ten, pen, men
- et word family – pet, net, wet, jet, Vet
- in word family – win, tin, pin, fin, bin
- ip word family – hip, lip, drip, dip, rip,
- it word family – bit, pit, lit, sit, hit,
- og word family -fog, hod, dog, jog, log
- op word famiy – pop, hop, mop, top, cop
- ot word family – lot, pot, hot, dot, tot
- ub word family – hub, cub, tub, sub, scrub
- ug word family – hug, mug, jug, bug, rug
- un word family – fun, Nun, bun, run, sun,
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Super cute Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Christmas Phonics Activity for working on phonics skills with word families!
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Activity
- Turkey Word Family Sort
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Easter Egg Word Families Activity
- Word Family Flowers Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Transportation Word Family Slides Printables with blends
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Free printable Rhyming Word Families Kindergarten
- Lion Words Family Printable – read and clip
- Planting Carrot CVC Words worksheets
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
Summer Learning Activities
Plus, don’t miss these fun educational summer activities for young learners. They are perfect for sneaking in some summer learning!
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Sun Alphabet Tracing
- Summer Sight Word Printable Mazes
- Versatile Summer Count, Trace, and Clip Cards
- Number Bonds to 10 Math Craft
- Blueberries for Sal Math Activity
- Ice Cream Story Time Math
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Summer Math Craft
- Printable Summer Reading Logs
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
Download Bubble Word Families Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!