Kindergarten kids will LOVE this super cute, hands-on cvc word activity! Simply download pdf file with the cvc words printable mazes. This engaging early reading activity is perfect for kindergartners who are working on visual discrimination and starting to read with phonics skills. Kids will choose a card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use a dot marker to identify short vowel words that rhyme with the word on each mat. These are practically print and go cards!
CVC Words Printable
This fun CVC Words Printable is a great way to help kids get excited about learning. Students will identifying cvc words and dab with with bingo markers (also known as bingo dabuers or do a dot markers) as they work through the cute bear maze to help him get to the honey post. These free do a dot printables are such a fun way to keep pre-k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students.
Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class (these are in blackline). Be sure to have enough of those cards for your dot marking center. You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
Do a Dot Printables
Use these mats to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and use dot markers to identify their CVC words short vowel sounds. After you’ve printed and laminated the cards and the mats, place the mats on the table and show the kids what they need to do.
They choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the ‘chunky bear’, they then find and read words on the bubbles and dab the rhyming words to solve the maze to the honey. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching square rainbow.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
Do a Dot Free Printables
- Do a dot printables numbers – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm Bingo Marker do a dot printables numbers
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe – free printable Math Game using dot markers
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Simple Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Robot Alphabet Do a Dot Worksheet Free Printable
- CVC Maze Do a Dot Printables
- Airplane Rhyming Dot Marker Printables
- Cooking Up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Apple Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
- Landforms for Kids Do a Dot Printables
- Endangered Animals dot marker printables
- Free Pumpkin Printables with bingo daubers
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Free Calendar Dot marker printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Cute Snow Globe Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
Download Phonics Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!