If you are looking for fun and clever snowman craft ideas to make this January, you will love this adorable snowman wreath craft! This construction paper snow man is easy to make with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd graders, and up! Their are so many fun variations with this Christmas or January craft activity.
Snowman Wreath Craft
This simple construction paper snowman is such a fun project for kids to make! Using a paper plate and construction paper, children will make this snowman wreath craft to decorate doors or walls during the holidays or winter season. This snowman craft for kids is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this winter craft for kids to make this December and January!
Snowman Craft for Kids
All you need are a few common household supplies to make this snowman project:
- white paper plate
- construction paper (in various colors and shades of blue)
- black marker
Snowman Wreath Ideas
Start by cutting the center out of your paper plate. Now you have the basic wreath shape.
Winter Craft for Kids
Cut out a bunch of light blue, dark blue, and white circles. You can use a punch, trace the shape from a cookie cutter, or free hand it.
HINT: You can use different colors to make variations of this wreath. For example you can use white, red, and green for a holiday wreath craft, or pink and purple for a cute craft for your girlie.
Paper plate christmas wreath
Now we glued the slightly smaller white circles on the dark blue circles.
Snowman Craft Ideas
Use a black marker to make eyes and a mouth on your newly created snowman heads. Then attach a triangular orange nose on each head.
Construction Paper Snowman
Now it’s time to glue cirlces around your paper plate wreath. I suggest alternating in no pattern and overlapping the cirlces as you go around.
January crafts for kids
Now you have your pretty light blue and white construction paper wreath. I thought it looked best double wide an doverlapping. But again, their are so many possible variations that make this project really unique and personalized.
Paper plate Wreath
Then glue snowman head on top of circle wreath. If you are using a standard dinner white paper plate, I think 5 is the perfect number of sowman heads. I liked giving each of my heads a little personalte and differences, but you could make them all the same if you like.
Finally add colored constrution paper to make scarves. Use the black marker to add details like lines or dots to your scarves. Glue below each snowman head.
Now you are ready to hand your pretty snowman wreath on your door, window, or buleltin board. It is such a cute, cheerful snowman activity for kids of all ages to make this winter.
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable