Is it cold outside where you live? Winter is the perfect weather to stay inside and make some super cute winter crafts for kids like these wonderful fun January crafts for kids. We have January kids crafts about snowmen, snowflakes, penguins, snowflakes, snow, and so many more! These January crafts are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
January Crafts for Kids
This list of January crafts for kids includes lots of snowy crafts, some cute penguin crafts, and some adorable snowman crafts. There are enough January craft ideas on this list for you to try a new craft every day in January and something for all ages to enjoy. These fun winter craft ideas will keep everyone busy while you are stuck inside trying to keep warm!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, we have a huge list of January crafts to keep your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students happily crafting, creating, and celebrating winter all season long! Plus most of these crafts for winter include common materials; you probably have these craft supplies already at your homes! The hardest part is deciding which crafts for January to try first!
Snow Crafts for Kids
From pretty salt snowflakes to crystal snowflakes, painted snowflakes, and more snowflake crafts are a MUST on your January crafts kindergarten list!
- Salt painted snowflakes from The Best Ideas for Kids. This easy salt painting technique makes beautiful sparkling snowflakes!
- Symmetrical snowflake craft from Buggy and Buddy. There are lots of math skills being learnt while making these gorgeous snowflakes.
- Decorate a snowflake from Fun Learning for Kids. Download the free printable to go with this fab collage activity.
- Sticky Yarn Snowflake Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. How pretty are these snowflakes.
- Spinart snowflakes from SchoolTime Snippets. These snowflakes look so cool!
- Painting on snow from Messy Little Monsters. Do you have snow where you live? If so you should really try this awesome activity!
- Snowflake watercolor art from Projects With Kids. This simple watercolor painting technique makes a really cool effect.
- Crystal snowflakes from Natural Beach Living. This is a super fun winter science activity and craft!
Penguin Crafts for Kids
There are so many really cute penguin crafts out there! It can be hard to pick on. Don’t worry, we’ve picked all the cute penguin crafts to add to your kids crafts for January.
- Pom Pom Penguin craft from Red Ted Art. How adorable are these fluffy little penguins!
- Paper penguin craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. There is a step by step video to help you make these cute little penguins.
- Fun penguin popper craft from School Time Snippets. These penguins are fun to make and even more fun to play with!
- Waddling penguins from Buggy and Buddy. These little penguins really waddle! So fun!
- Paper penguin craft for kids from Non-Toy Gifts. There are easy to follow step by step instructions to make these little penguins.
- Plastic spoon penguin craft from I Heart Crafty Things. These fun little penguins would make great puppets!
- Paint splat penguins from Glued to My Crafts. Even little hands can make this easy and fun penguin craft!
Snowman Crafts for Kids
Have fun making frosty and his friends with these creative snowman crafts including popsicle stick snowman, torn paper projects, salt paintings, and so many more!
- Snowman snowflakes from Pink Stripey Socks. There is an easier and a more challenging option for this cool craft.
- Snowman paper roll painting from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is such a simple yet fun painting activity everyone can have a go at.
- Melted snowman shape collage from Fun Learning For Kids. There is lots of shape learning included in this cute craft.
- Circle Sticker Snowman Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a clever idea!
- Open-ended Snowman Painting from Fun with Mama. There is a free printable to get you started but you can decorate these snowmen any way you like.
- Snowman thumbprint art from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a super fun hands on activity!
- Toilet roll snowman from Red Ted Art. How cute are these little snowmen?!?
- Glue Snowman Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will be amazed to make these window snowman clings with glue!
- Craft stick snowman from Easy Peasy and Fun. These fun snowmen could be used as puppets or bookmarks!
- Snowman art from Happy Hooligans. This is a lovely, open-ended craft activity for all ages.
January arts and crafts
Plus there are other fun themes like winter scenes, snow owls, polar bears, winter trees, and other cute January kids crafts you should add to your list!
- Frozen suncatchers from Take Them Outside. Does it get cold enough where you live to make some of these amazing frozen suncatchers?
- Owl Paper Bag Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This winter themed craft is soooo cute!
- Folded paper icicle craft from Kids Craft Room. There is a printable and step by step instructions so these cool paper icicles are easy to make.
- Winter fairy peg dolls from Rhythms of Play. Do you know anyone who would like to make one of these awesome winter fairies??
- Cardinal handprint craft from Simple Everyday Mom. You could make a whole tree full of these cardinals!
- Snowy town watercolor painting from Adventure in a Box. This easy painting activity has beautiful results.
- Winter tree suncatcher from Buggy and Buddy. Fill your windows with this gorgeous wintery craft.
- Mitten winter craft from Teaching Two and Three Year Olds. The free printable that goes with this craft makes it easy enough for even the littlest children to try.
- Polar bear origami from Red Ted Art. This is an easy origami project, perfect for beginners.
- Snowy owl winter craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is such a fun way to paint a cute snowy owl.
- Easy Icicle Craft from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This is so easy to make and looks so pretty!
Kindergarten Winter Printables
- Winter Dot Marker Printables for practicing color words
- Build a Snowman Worksheet for working on sequencing
- Arctic Animals Preschool Printables – huge pack with lots of ways to learn math and literacy skills!
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction within 10
- Counting Snowman Printables– make a book to count to 10 snowmen
- Winter Color by Number
- Huge Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Winter Count to 10 Pack
- Hundreds Chart Winter Coloring
- Puffy Snow Paint for Kids
- Super cute Snowman Craft with circle stickers
- Count to 10 Snowman Activities for Preschool
- Snow Globe Find the Letter Worksheets
- Snowman Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Free Winter Playdough Mats
- Winter Alphabet Matching
- Beginning Sounds Snowman Coloring Pages
- Winter Pattern Block Printables
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Free Winter Worksheets
- Snowman Clock and telling time activities for Kindergarten
- Easy DIY Snow Globe
Ad more playful penguin activities, worksheets, and ideas to your day with these resources:
- Colors Penguin Matching Game
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Printable Penguins Counting clip cards activity
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets and themed learning activities
- Cute penguin crafts for penguin awareness day
- Fun, Penguin themed beginning sounds picture cards
- Penguin handprint craft for kids
- Shape penguins sorting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners