Kids are going to get excited about this simple snowball transfer game. This easy-to-play Winter Activities for Kindergarten is fun for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, and first grade students. This winter challenge for kids is a great winter minute to win it game, family party games for Christmas or winter fun, and a great way to develop oral motor skills, skills needed for speech and eating too.
Snowball Transfer Game
Looking for a fun winter activity for kids? This fun Snowball Transfer Game is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. It allows kids to enjoy some winter fun indoors while developing oral motor skills needed for speech and eating too! This snowball game is super easy to play and loads of fun for classroom, families, and parties too. The concept of this cotton ball transfer game with straw is easy, but the fun is HUGE!
For this simple winter game for kids you will need a few basic supplies you probably already have at your house:
- cotton wool balls or white pompoms
Family party games
You can play the cotton ball game two ways:
- Timed challenge with as many friends or siblings as you’d like: see who can fill a bucket in 30 seconds
- Timed individual challenge: beat your previous time. The aim of the game is to fill the bucket in a certain time by sucking the straw and lifting the “snowball” to transfer it into a bucket. The trick is to suck and keep on sucking until the ball drops into the bucket. Transfer the balls as quick as you can!
I made myself a snowball, as perfect as could be.I thought I’d keep it as a pet, and let it sleep with me.I made it some pajamas, and a pillow for its head.Then last night, it ran away. But first, it wet my bed!
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable