Help kids learn to identify word families and practice spelling with these Rhyming Word Families strips. These are such fun, practical help for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade kids.
FUN Word Families
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Sliders
- Flower Word Family Cut & Paste
- Easter Word Families Activity
- Transportation Word Family Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
This is such a fun activity to help kids recognize patterns in word families to lean to spell. Learning to spell based on patterns in rhyming words makes is easy for kids. This is a great activity for Prek, Kindergarten, and 1st grade kids.
FREE Rhyming Word Families
HINT: There are two options: a solid line or tracer lines.
Have students say the name of the top picture out loud and then see how it is spelled. Now have them say the next word out loud and hear that there is a different beginning, but the same ending. Explain that they can spell the new beginning sound with the written ending to make a new word.
This is great practice for teaching kids how to spell using patterns.
Fun Kindergarten Learning Activities
- CVC Word Puzzles
- Short A CVC Words Book
- Unicorn B and D Mazes
- Ending Sound Clip Cards
- Fall Alphabet Sticker Worksheets
- Homograph Puzzles
Download FREE Rhyming Word Families
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio and RebeccaB Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!