Winter is here and out comes all the mittens, Winter hats, scarfs, jackets and boots! Get learning too with this cute mittens and hats free Winter Printables for a fun letter tracing activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. SImply download pdf file with winter litearcy activity and you are ready to go.
Winter PrintablesLearning to write letters takes lots of practice. Make it more fun by providing a variety of ways to do that. Use our free mittens and hats letter tracing cards with a dry-erase pen, or add it to a salt writing tray where children can copy the letters in the “snow”!
Winter activities for preschoolPrint the letter cards, laminate(or use a dry-erase pocket), cut it out and it is all ready for learning! Simply provide a dry-erase marker for the child to trace the letters to practice writing it. If the child is unsure where to start, make a small dot at the starting point of each letter with a permanent marker as guide.
Winter activities for kindergartenTracing letters also give children an opportunity to practice pencil control- the way to grip the pen and how much pressure to use when writing. It is especially difficult on a laminated page because the pen slides so easily. If the child struggles, rather do not laminate the cards but use a grey pencil that can rub out. The cards may not lost as long though… As mentioned before, these cards can also be used in a writing tray, where the child simply copies the letter in the salt/sand.
Letter tracing activity for preschoolers
- Work on alphabetical order and place the cards in order.
- After tracing, think of words that start with the letter, write it down or draw a picture next to the card.
- Use the cards to spell words by placing them next to each other eg. c + a+ b spells cab!
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.