Kids will love this super cute winter theme 5 little snowmen idea is such a fun way to sneak a snowman rhyming activity into your December, January, or February day. This five little snowmen project involves a making a snowman craft, reciting the rhyme while counting, and improving fine motor coordination too. This is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
5 little snowmen
This adorable snowman rhyming activity is super easy to set-up and a great way to reinforce literacy with toddlers and preschoolers with a fun winter activity for kindergartners. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this 5 little snowman play is such a fun way to play and learn together!
Snowman rhyming activity
You will need:
- Craft sticks or small wooden spoons
- white, black and orange paint or markers
- Pipecleaners or ribbon
- yellow cardboard or craft foam
- cotton wool
First make the snowmen. My kids enjoyed getting involved with this step. Paint or color the sticks white, then add the features(eyes, one, mouth).
five little snowmen
Lastly attach the pipe cleaners to the stick to resemble scarfs. You can add hats too if you’d like.
Add the cotton wool around the basket. If you do not have a basket that will hold the sticks, you can use a cardboard box and cut some slits so that the sticks can stand and be pushed down. Make the sun with a yellow craft stick and round paper/ craft foam. Add to the basket.
Winter Rhyming for Kindergartners
Ready to play? Recite the rhyme and push down a snowman every time the rhyme says “and one little snowman melted away”. Do this until “none little snowmen are here to stay”.
This rhyme, in fact, teaches counting down, or subtracting from 5 to zero. This rhyme activity is a hands-on way to demonstrate counting down while playing and what is better than playing while learning?
Looking for more free winter worksheets, winter activities, and winter themed ideas to make learning fun all winter long? Check out these fun resources:
- Free Printable Winter Worksheets help pre-k and kindergarten age students practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Winter Rhymes –Matching Rhyming Words Games
- Winter Pre-Writing Activity for early learners
- Practice counting to 100 with these free Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Super cute Winter Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Or work on letter recognition with these Color by Letter Winter Worksheets
- Rhyming Words with Pictures Winter Puzzles
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- Winter Syllables printable activity
- Free Printable Winter Story Starters
- Winter Roll and Cover worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun-to-Read Winter Books for Kids
- Practice counting to 10 with this super cute Free Winter Printables
Nothing says winter like snowman! Try these cute snowman printables:
- Build a CVC Word Snowman Activities for early readers!
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Adorable Count to 10 Snowman Printables Book
- Winter Snowman Word Family Spinners freebie
- Printable Snowman Clock and telling time activities
- Fun Snowman Math Craft for kids to practice addition within 10
- Build a Snowman worksheet to help kindergartners work on sequencing
- Winter Playdough Mats for kids to build common winter items
- Practice phonemic awareness with these adorable Snowman Coloring Pages
- Snowman Printables for teaching children basic shapes
- Winter Snap Cube Free Printables
- Hands-on Winter Counting activity for preschoolers
- Free Winter Worksheets for pre-k
- Super cute, count to 10 Snowman Crafts Preschool
- Snow globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Winter worksheets for Kindergartens
- Or try this easy snowman craft that uses circle stickers
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
- Hey Diddle Diddle Activities with free printable game