Print this free printable cvc games for kindergarten to practice CVC words with pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Children will have fun with this super cute CVC WORDS Bump Game to practice sounding out and reading 12 different words. Use this in your literacy centers or send home for extra practice.
Most children love playing games. And let’s face it games make learning fun, so why not take advantage to sneak in some extra practice? I love incorporating games into learning time, whether it is math or reading. This simple CVC Words Bump Game is a fun way to have children practice reading easy words to improve fluency. We know that practice makes perfect when it comes to reading, so a CVC Games for Kindergarten and grade 1 is the best way to make it fun.
CVC games pdf
What are CVC words?
A CVC word is made up of a consonant, vowel, and consonant sounds. In these words, all the letters are pronounced, so that children can easily sound them out. Example of CVC words are cat, tap or map.
These words are perfect for early readers. They are easy to decode and so help children to experience success in reading. Something that is almost as important as practice.
Teacher Tip: Difficulty hearing individual sounds and blending them is a symptom of Dyscaulia. Watch out for students who fall behind and continue to struggle even with extra help. Find out more here.
cvc games kindergarten
We created a free CVC games for kindergarten exclusively for you readers. Children love games and you will find that it is a very engaging activity. You can expect it to become a class favorite!
The best part is that it is very easy to prep and doesn’t require a lot of materials. We have made the game in color and black and white. We know that many teachers do not have access to color printers, so black and white one is for you.
free cvc games
This game practices three different skills
- Sounding out each of the three letters
- Blending those 3 sounds to read the CVC words,
- Matching the words to a corresponding picture (comprehension)
This game practices 12 CVC words and includes word cards and game boards.
cvc games for kindergarten
We have 2 of each of the following
- -ap words (tap & map)
- -at words (cat & hat)
- -et words (net & jet)
- -en words (hen & pen)
- -in words (pin & bin)
- -ug words (mug & rug
This game is the perfect way to help the students learn some CVC words. It is great for literacy centers, but you could also send parents the link and suggest that they make their own set.
cvc games printable
You will need
- Card stock
- Large foam cube
- Small counters
- Laminator (optional)
Print game boards and cards on card stock or laminate for durability if you wish. Cut out word cards and tape or stick each word cards onto each face of a large rolling cube. Make sure that you don’t mix up the words for the two games.
NOTE: the cards are designed for a 4-inch cube. You can use a smaller one but will have to adjust the size of the word cards.
CVC Word Games
To play this educational game for kindergartners you will need to give each player different colored game markers.
- The first player rolls the cube and sounds out the word.
- They then find the corresponding picture on the game board.
- Place their marker on the picture
- They can bump off the counter belonging to other players and place their own counter on the picture.
- If a player already has a marker on the picture, they place a second one on the picture and that is now frozen. Frozen pictures cannot be bumped.
- The game is over when all the pictures are frozen.
- The winner is the player who freezes the most pictures.
DON’T HAVE A FOAM CUBE?
Use a permanent marker to print the words on a cube shaped wooden block.
- Invite children to roll a cube and write a sentence that includes that word.
- Older children could roll 2-3 times and write a story that uses all the words.
What are your favorite CVC activities? Do your students love a particular game? Comment below.
- Short e CVC Words Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow CVC Word Mats
- CVC Games Kindergarten
- Free Printable CVC Word Search Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Hands-on CVC Words valentine cvc worksheets
- CVC words with pictures pdf Printable
- Color-the-Letter to spell the picture, Free Printable CVCe Worksheets
- Free Printable Short Vowel Worksheets
- Short a Worksheets Cut & paste Booklet
- Pirate cvc words short a
- Short A Books free Emergent Reader
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets
- Short i Words cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short I Words Emergent Reader
- Farm short i cvc words worksheets
- Short o Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Scarecrow Short o Words Printable
- Short u Worksheets Cut & Paste Booklet
- Short u CVC words Printable cut and paste activity
- CVC Words Middle Sounds in Words Clip Cards
- CVC Ending Sounds Clip Cards or this other set of CVC Ending Sound clip cards
- Missing Vowels Puzzles Free Clip Cards
- See TONS of fun an dfree CVC Activities here!
CVC Word Activities
- Super cute and handy, Free CVC Puzzles
- Christmas CVC Words Clip Cards
- Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- Ending Sounds Clip Cards (or version 2)
- Free, Black and White CVC Crack the Code Worksheets
- Secret CVC Words Worksheets – Beginning Sounds with Magnetic Letters
- Detective Case File Crack the Code CVC Words
- Crack the Code CVC Words Worksheets
- Peter Pan CVC Coloring Pages
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Caterpillar Spring CVC Words
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Build a Snowman Winter CVC Words Practice
- Ice Cream CVC Word Match & Build
- Bee CVC Worrksheets pdf
- Easter CVC Words Activity
- Christmas CVC Words on Santa’s Sleigh
- Star Wars CVC Games
- 4th of July CVC Words Activity
- Cooking Up Rhymes: Read & Dab CVC Words Activity
- Going on a Bear Hunt CVC Games Online
- Baseball CVC Rhyming Words
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Roll and Read CVC Sentences
- Monster Match CVC Words Worksheets
- Farm CVC Animal Words
- Sundae CVC words worksheets for kindergarten pdf free
- “at” CVC Word family worksheets pdf
- Heart Penguin CVC Words
- Dab-a-Dot CVC Worksheets Mazes
- Popsicle Rhyme & Dab CVC Words Practice
- Airplane Rhyming Words CVC Words Worksheets
- CVC Games pdf – Word Bump
- Spring Bird CVC Word Activity
- Ice Cream CVC Word Activities
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- at Family Words Worksheets
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Super cute alphabet coloring pages – just print and color!
- You will love these no prep, printable alphabet crafts
- How cute are these Zoo Animal color by number worksheets for kindergarten
- ABC Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Love these alphabet handprints ideas for kids!
- These Alphabet Worksheets help kids practice so many skills
- Tracing Alphabet cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough!
- Snow Globe Snow Worksheets that help kids practice letter recognition
- Work on color sorting with this low prep printable
- Alphabet Mats are a great way to work on learning your ABCs
- Looking for no prep worksheets to print and trace? Try these a to z worksheet for kindergarten
- Kids will want to practice with these fun kindergarten math worksheets
- You will love these Alphabet Tracing strips for practicing upper and lowercase letters!
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!
CVC word games printable
By using resoruces from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!