Practice identifying nouns and verbs with this fun, free printable noun and verbs games! In this cute noun and verb activity children will sort through the words to put all the noun surfboards on the noun tikki hut and all the verb surf boards on the verb hut.
Noun and Verb Activity
This verb and nouns sort printable is super fun for introducing action verbs to kids. It also includes a set of nouns that the students will need to sort through. When it comes to teaching young children about language and grammar, one of the most important concepts to teach is the use of verbs and nouns. These verbs are some of the most used verbs in the English language.
Noun and Verbs Games
- A4 paper
- Laminator (optional)
Action verbs are words that describe an action or activity, such as “run,” “jump,” or “dance.” They are essential to building strong sentences and creating engaging sentences and stories. In this post, we’ll explore how to work on a fun activity to sort between verbs and nouns!
Print as many crafts as you need for the number of students in your class – There are two pages in this printable craft, the superhero template and the action verbs template. You will need one of each for each student.
They can then start to sort the words on the surf boards into the nouns and verbs surfboard huts.
Use this printable activity to help kids learn all about action verbs and nouns. Start by discussing what action verbs are with the students. Also have them give examples of nouns. Write some of them on the board to help kids understand the difference between action verbs and nouns. My ESL kids love doing this activity and I find that the second time around, they are able to do this more easily as they remember what action verbs are.
Parst of Speech Game
The kids will pick a surfboard and then read the word. They will place it into the correct hutt. They continue to do this until they sort all the surfboards.
This printable can also be made in a group. It can be more fun this way too!
- Color Changing Flowers Plant Experiments or Pretty Density for Kids Experiment
- Dinosaur fossil activities for kids with free printables or EASY Grow celery in water experiment for kids
- How lungs work for kids with simple paper bag project or Cool Tomato Battery project
- Epic Watermelon Slime Recipe – super puffy! or You’ve got to try this simple Ketchup volcano
- Ice Cream volcano – the coolest summer experiments or Grow a Rainbow capillary action experiment
- Simple Water xylophone experiment or Delightful Slime Pumpkin Activities
- Skittle Turkey Activities learning about diffusion or Edible Three Types of Rocks Activities
- Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids or Free Printable Lowercase letter crafts
- Stunning Shaving Cream Fireworks craft project or Spring Delphinium Flower Crafts
- Match the color Kite activity with free printable template or Super soft playdough recipe
- Pretty DIY Maracas for kids, Outrageously fun Balloon Painting, or Free Wild Animal Finger Puppets Printable
Parts of Speech Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!