Grab these FREE winter sight word worksheets to use with your kindergarten students over the winter. Low prep and engaging. Who knew that reading and using sight words could be so much fun?
I don’t know about you, but I love watching the dawning comprehension in small kids as they earn to read. One minute they are simply listening to the story and then suddenly they can read the words.
Reading is one of the most important skills for young learners to master. A balanced reading program will teach many different reading strategies. One of these is learning sight words.
Sight words are words that we find often in text. In fact they are also known as “high-frequency” words, because we see them repeated often. The goal is to get children to recognize these words without having to stop and sound them out.
FREE Winter Sight Words Worksheets
With this in mind, we have come up with a set of LOW PREP winter sight words worksheets. These are designed to help children practice using and reading kindergarten sight words.
The worksheets have a winter theme, so they are perfect for this time of year. Your students will need scissors, glue sticks and pencils to complete these sheets.
All you have to do is download and print. They are perfect for use in the classroom, homeschool, or you can send them home as extra practice.
FREE WINTER SIGHT WORD WORKSHEETS!
- Invite students to cut out the words on the bottom of the page and sort the sight words printables into a sentence. Some students may struggle with this step, so they may need a little extra help. You could also pair up students, so they can work together and help each other.
- The second step is to glue the words to the sheet in order.
- Next students copy out the sentence. This step provides the opportunity to practise handwriting and also reinforces earlier work.
- Finally it’s time to draw a picture to illustrate the sentence! Kids love to draw, so it is a very sneaky way to check for reading comprehension
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, engaging and free kindergarten sight word activities, games, and worksheets? Check these resources out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Printable Sight Words List
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
Download Winter Sight Words Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!