Grab these FREE winter sight word worksheets to use with your kindergarten students over the winter. Low prep and engaging. Who knew that reading and using sight words could be so much fun?
I don’t know about you, but I love watching the dawning comprehension in small kids as they earn to read. One minute they are simply listening to the story and then suddenly they can read the words.
Reading is one of the most important skills for young learners to master. A balanced reading program will teach many different reading strategies. One of these is learning sight words.
Sight words are words that we find often in text. In fact they are also known as “high-frequency” words, because we see them repeated often. The goal is to get children to recognize these words without having to stop and sound them out.
FREE Winter Sight Words Worksheets
With this in mind, we have come up with a set of LOW PREP winter sight words worksheets. These are designed to help children practice using and reading kindergarten sight words.
The worksheets have a winter theme, so they are perfect for this time of year. Your students will need scissors, glue sticks and pencils to complete these sheets.
All you have to do is download and print. They are perfect for use in the classroom, homeschool, or you can send them home as extra practice.
FREE WINTER SIGHT WORD WORKSHEETS!
- Invite students to cut out the words on the bottom of the page and sort the sight words printables into a sentence. Some students may struggle with this step, so they may need a little extra help. You could also pair up students, so they can work together and help each other.
- The second step is to glue the words to the sheet in order.
- Next students copy out the sentence. This step provides the opportunity to practise handwriting and also reinforces earlier work.
- Finally it’s time to draw a picture to illustrate the sentence! Kids love to draw, so it is a very sneaky way to check for reading comprehension
LOOKING FOR OTHER SIGHT WORD ACTIVITIES?
Try these site words for kindergarten
Download Winter Sight Words Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!