Kids will have fun improving reading fluency as they practice sight words with this super cute, free farm themed printable sight word games. Download the pdf file with the kindergarten sight words games to make it fun and easy to review sight words with kindergartners and grade 1 students. Plus the fun farm theme is perfect for adding to your spring, fall, farm animals, or f is for farm theme. Print the template in color and black & white.
Kindergarten sight words games
We love using educational games to make learning fun for kids! Not only do free games keep children’s attention, but they usually retain what they’ve learned better too! This Printable Sight Word Games is a fun way for early readers to practice, review, and master sight words. There are various different kindergarten sight word games, all with a fun farm theme!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using this kindergarten sight words game as extra practice, as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum, or in a literacy center in your classroom.
Printable sight word games
Kindergarten Sight Words
There are four different sight word game boards that you can use to practice primer sight words. Print the sight word game in color or black and white.
Fun sight word games for kindergarten
Once you’ve printed the sight word game use either the cow spinner or a dice. Start at the beginning and spin the spinner to move forward or back based on number. Kindergartners must read every sight word they pass. If they cannot read a word they must stop there and wait until the next turn.
Continue taking turns until you reach the end.
HINT: There is also a small spinner at the upper right or the game board that can be used with a paper clip if you like.
Sight word games printable
Kindergarten sight words include the following: all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
Free printable sight word games
If you play using the black and white gameboard, have students color the places they pass on the board. If you like, you can play with a friend and each of you can color the spots you land on a different color. See who colors the most pieces before the end of the game. But everyone is a winner because you all practice reading and improve fluency.
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Farm Money Practice
- I Spy Farm Animals – free printable activity
- K-6 Farm Theme
- Are You My Mother? Baby Farm Animal Puzzles
- Farm Printable Beginner Reader
- Farm Hidden Picture Worksheets
- Seasons on the Farm Printable
- Farm Cutting Practice
- Farm Coloring Sheets
- Free Farm Color by Number
- Printable Farm Bingo Number Worksheets
- Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, engaging and free kindergarten sight word activities, games, and worksheets? Check these resources out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Printable Sight Words List
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
Download Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!