Kids will have fun practicing building sight words with this fun, FREE Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity.
Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity
This is such a fun way for kids to practice sight words in December! This Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity makes it fun for kids to practice these key words.
Start off by printing and laminating (for durability) the free sight word Christmas trees below. Cut them apart.
Grab the FREE Printable Christmas Light Bulb Letters from this other post of ours (and take a peak at the fun way we practiced writing letters in December.)
Now it’s time to put the activity together. To play this Kindergarten Sight-Words Activity for December set out:
- Christmas Tree Sight Words (free download below)
- 5″ strip of ribbon (we used glitter which was pretty, but did leave a sparkly mess)
- Free Light Bulb Letters (from our other activity)
- Handful of clothespins (we used these colorful mini clothespins we use for many of our activitiies)
Students will clip one letter at a time to string the correct lights on the tree to spell the kindergarten sight word.
HINT: This is great for strengthening fine motor skills too!
Kids will love practicing sight words with this educational Christmas activity for kindergartners. They can do them one at a time and then take them apart, or do several at a time. This can also be done for a Christmas Literacy Center with various students at the same time.
The kids think this is loads of fun. I love that they are seeing, discriminating letters, and putting the letters in the correct order for some great sight words practice! Plus the activity is reusable not only all December long, but easily stored for next year with a new group of kids!
Plus, if you want to add some practice wring Kindergarten sight words at the same time, hand out these super cute, black and white worksheets for kids to write the word they just spelled out of light bulbs. This is also free and included in the free download below.
Download Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!