Kids will have fun practicing building sight words with this fun, FREE Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity.
Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity
This is such a fun way for kids to practice sight words in December! This Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity makes it fun for kids to practice these key words.
Start off by printing and laminating (for durability) the free sight word Christmas trees below. Cut them apart.
Grab the FREE Printable Christmas Light Bulb Letters from this other post of ours (and take a peak at the fun way we practiced writing letters in December.)
Now it’s time to put the activity together. To play this Kindergarten Sight-Words Activity for December set out:
- Christmas Tree Sight Words (free download below)
- 5″ strip of ribbon (we used glitter which was pretty, but did leave a sparkly mess)
- Free Light Bulb Letters (from our other activity)
- Handful of clothespins (we used these colorful mini clothespins we use for many of our activitiies)
Students will clip one letter at a time to string the correct lights on the tree to spell the kindergarten sight word.
HINT: This is great for strengthening fine motor skills too!
Kids will love practicing sight words with this educational Christmas activity for kindergartners. They can do them one at a time and then take them apart, or do several at a time. This can also be done for a Christmas Literacy Center with various students at the same time.
The kids think this is loads of fun. I love that they are seeing, discriminating letters, and putting the letters in the correct order for some great sight words practice! Plus the activity is reusable not only all December long, but easily stored for next year with a new group of kids!
Plus, if you want to add some practice wring Kindergarten sight words at the same time, hand out these super cute, black and white worksheets for kids to write the word they just spelled out of light bulbs. This is also free and included in the free download below.
Looking for more free Christmas worksheets to make learning fun for Kinders during December, you’ve got to see these activities!
- Nutcracker Worksheets – HUGE pack of themed worksheets to work on math, literacy, and more!
- Christmas Spelling Activity
- Free Nativity Printables include over 50 pages of math and literacy activities for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade
- Practice sight words with this hands-on activity with these Free Christmas Printables
- Chocolate Worksheets Printables are winter themed practice sequencing for kindergartens
- Use these Christmas Printables and confetti to practice tracing uppercase letters
- Fun candy cane sight words activity for early learners
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Free Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Santa Sleigh Christmas Printables CVC Words Activity
- No Prep Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Practicing Counting this December with this Christmas Counting Book
- Free Christmas Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- Word Family Sort Christmas Printables
- Christmas Counting Clip Cards
- Soring Colors Christmas Printables
- Christmas Color by Number to 100
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Letter Find Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Christmas Counting to 20 Puzzles
- Super cute Grinch Alphabet Christmas Printables Puzzles
- Cut and Paste Christmas Alphabet Worksheets
- Free gingerbread man sequencing activity
- Gingerbread man Comprehension Questions Printable
- Addition Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Printables Sight Word Coloring
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Free Christmas Worksheets
Plus don’t miss these fun Christmas Crafts and activities!
- Easy Christmas Suncatchers Craft
- 31 Magical December Crafts for Kids
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Printable Hat Craft
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Rudolph Race Christmas Game
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, engaging and free kindergarten sight word activities, games, and worksheets? Check these resources out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Printable Sight Words List
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
Download Stringing Christmas Sight Words Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!