Help kids work on rhyming with this hands-on, free printable, rhyming words activity. The pencil rhyming words worksheets pdf are quick to prep and perfect for a back to school theme with preschoolers and kindergartners. Simple print Rhyming Words Worksheets for Kindergarten and you are ready for this rhyming activity.
Rhyming Words Activity
Kindergarten kids will LOVE this CVC center! Looking for a super fun Rhyming Words Activity? Kids will choose a pencil card and find the matching short vowel sound and then use a dot marker to identify short vowel words that rhyme with the word on each plane. These are practically print and go cards!
Rhyming words worksheets pdf
- A4 paper
- Bingo daubers (dot markers)
Print as many cards as you need for the number of students in your class (there are blacklines in case you prefer these). Be sure to have enough of those cards for your dot marking center. You could also choose to laminate the cards and use them with dry erase markers.
Rhyming Words Worksheets for Kindergarten
I LOVE using puzzle cards – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these puzzle cards to help kids learn to read and identify rhyming and CVC short vowel words. We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and match pencil CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun school themed cards. After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the cards and the mats, place the cards on the table and show the kids what they need to do. They choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the pencil at the top, they then find and read the matching words on the puzzle cards rhyming words to solve and match each strip. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches to make pencil cards. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
Rhyming activity for kindergarten
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten,
- BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Pencil Rhyming Cards <<