Kids will LOVE this super cute rhyming words worksheets to make practicing sounding out words fun for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Children will choose a Watermelon CVC rhyming words card and find the matching short vowel sound and then cut and paste a watermelon printable juice cup to find its rhyme. These free printable cut and paste worksheets are such a fun way to practice rhyming with kids. Simply print watermelon worksheets for this helpful watermelon activity for kids.
Rhyming Words Worksheets
Nothing says summer like watermelon! So we created this fun, watermelon themed activity to help you sneak in some fun summer learning so kids don’t forget what they learned last year and to sure up some phonics skills with phonemic awareness for next year. This summer cvc activity is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Grab the super cute watermelon theme cards and you are ready for this fun and free CVC Rhyming Words activity.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands on, educational activity for summer learning! Use it in a cvc center, supplement to your phonics curriculum, or any other way that woks for you to make learning fun for young learners.
Cut and Paste Worksheets
Print as many sets as you need for the number of students in your class. These rhyming cut and paste worksheets include 4 templates. We’ve included both color versions and black and white rhyming printables. The blackline version is great for saving on printer ink costs. Be sure to have enough of these printables to create several CVC rhyming puzzle mats for the number of students in your group. You could also choose to laminate the print outs for durability and re-use.
CVC Rhyming Words
I LOVE using learning mats – they are so much fun for kids and best of all, they are quick to setup and play! Use these puzzles to help kids learn to read and match rhyming words. Kids will be motivated to create watermelon juice ‘rhyme’ matches with CVC words short vowel sounds using these fun watermelon themed printables. After you’ve printed and laminated (optional) the printables, give one to each child. They read a CVC word on the watermelon on the paper and then find the matching watermelon juice cup with the rhyming word. They will then cut and paste the cup next to the watermelon. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for all the watermelon. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
Rhyming skills and phonological awareness is such an important step for kids learning to read, it’s important we give them plenty of ways to practice these skills.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
Looking for more watermelon activity ideas or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Slime Watermelon Activities for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Plus don’t miss these watermelon activities for kids, watermelon activities (for older kids) and our watermelon activities for preschoolers
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten,
- BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!