This Hickory Dickory Dock Game combines a fun nursery rhyme activity with telling time game to make learning fun. Kindergarten and first grade students will love hickory dickory clock game where they will make a fun paper plate clock and spin to tell the time with a fidget spinner. Use this hickory dickory dock time game with a nursery rhyme theme or just as a hands-on clock game to make learning fun!
Hickory dickory dock game
Hickory Dickory Dock, the mouse ran up the clock… A popular nursery rhyme for children and a perfect opportunity to incorporate learning about time! Make a clock craft from a paper plate and fidget spinner for an EASY hickory dickory dock clock game. THis clock activity for kindergarten makes it fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to practice telling time while having fun. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this hickory dickory activities to add to your math center. This fold the flap to see the clock time to the minutes made it a simple telling time activities for kindergarten that my students could easily understand!
Hickory dickory clock game
To make this paper plate clock you will need:
- 2x paper plates
- Clock arms cut from craft foam or cardboard
- Fidget Spinner
Hickory dickory dock time game
- Plate One – mark your one plate as a 12 hour clock writing numbers 1-12 clockwise around the plate. (For young children only make the 12 hour clock.)
- Plate Two – the other plate must be marked with the digital clock numbers. Cut the 12 hour clock as shown above so that the flaps can be lifted to see the corresponding digital clock numbers counting by 5s. Again going clockwise around the clock from 5-60.
- Glue the two plates together and make a mark in the middle of the top plate to the place the spinner.
- Add the “clock arms” to the spinner and place in the middle of the plate.
Hickory dickory dock clock game
Spin the spinner to see what time you have to add to the rhyme
For instance, the above time is 8 o’clock, so change the 1 o’clock in the rhyme with 8 o’clock:
“Hickory Dickory Dock, the mouse ran up the clock, the clock struck 8, the mouse ran down, Hickory Dickory Dock.” Even though it does not rhyme like the original 1 o’clock, it does not matter much since the objective with this activity is to learn to read a clock.
Hickory Dickory Activities
Your older kids can use the digit clock at the back for extension time-related learning activities in the place of using the nursery rhyme. For instance, let them write down the digital version of the time the spinner lands on.
Clock activity for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Printable Telling Time Games MAZES
- Students will have fun practicing counting American money with these Coin Value Clip Cards
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
- Hey Diddle Diddle Activities with free printable game
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this alphabet coloring pages for some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Worksheets to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these free printable alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient FREE printable alphabet crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute lower case letter tracing cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- TONS of free printable sight word books pdf
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Letter Find Snow Worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Fun I Spy Farm Animals Worksheet Pack
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Free Color Soring Printable Mats
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these a to z worksheet for nursery
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this traceable letters to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
Plus, don’t miss our other FREE kindergarten worksheets and games including THOUSANDS kindergarten worksheets FREE, learn your letters with our Kindergarten Alphabet worksheets, print kindergarten math worksheets or play a kindergarten math game, try an easy kindergarten science experiment, make a cute kindergarten craft, plan your week with our kindergarten themes, grab one of our many kindergarten social studies worksheets, learn to read with word family activities. plus lots of kindergarten sight words activities! We have everything you need for a complete kindergarten homeschool curriculum! Visit 123homeschool4me if you are looking for even more free worksheets or Preschool Play and Learn for preschool worksheets