Cook up rhyming Words with this CVC Word Family activity using do a dot printables! Simply print the pdf file with the free printable rhyming worksheets, read, and use bingo daubers to find the matching rhyming short vowel sound. This is such a fun literacy and reading skills activity for kindergarten and first grade students!
Do a Dot printables
This fun, educational activity let kids use their favorite dot markers to practice rhyming words! Simply grab the do a dot printables a dab the words that rhyme. Kindergarteners and grade 1 students will love how cute this engaging rhyming activity is! The huge stock pot and large spoon just add to the charm of this reading activity. Plus, these NO PREP free worksheets help practice kindergarten rhyming. Rhyming teaches children how language works and helps them to begin listening for patterns in words. This is an important pre reading skill. In addition, this activity helps kids practice cvc words. Teaching CVC words is an integral part of any pre-reading program. CVC words are formed of simple words that are easy to blend the individual letter sounds for those learning to sound out words with phonics.
Finally, this activity uses kindergarten word families to help children read words they will be successful with to encourage them to keep reading and become more fluent. Word families are important because they help young learners recognize and analyze word patterns when they are learning to read.
Rhyming cvc words
Print as many rhyming worksheets as you need for the number of students in your class. The sheets are in black and white to save on printing costs.
Short Vowels Printable
These kindergarten worksheets were created to use do a dot markers – also known as bingo markers, dot markers, dot art markers, do a dot, bingo dot markers, dot paint markers, dab and dot markers, do a dot markers or washable dot markers – these kid favorite utensils really have a lot of names, don’t they? If you prefer, these can be completed with crayons, markers, colored pencils, or gel pens. Alternatively, you can laminate the pages (or stick them in a sheet protector) to make them reusable and complete them with dry erase markers or top with a manipulative or playdough ball.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these super cute, clever, and NO PREP rhyming words worksheets. These are a fun learning activity for literacy centers in your classroom, summer learning, extra practice, seat work, busy work, or as a supplement to your current language arts curriculum.
There are 6 pages of rhyming printables containing 12 pots of rhyming words. Students will sound out the word on the soup ladle and then find and dab the other words in the pot that rhyme with the featured word.
- bug rhymes with jug, lug, hug, and tug
- hat rhymes with mat, sat, bat, and pat
- sit rhymes with hit, mit, and lit
- hog rhymes with log, fog, and dog
- cab rhymes with lab, dab, and tab
- bad rhymes with had, dad, lad and mad
- bed rhymes with wed, fed, red, and led
- hen rhymes with den, ten pen, and men
- hip rhymes with lip, dip, zip, and nip
- big rhymes with dig, fig, gig, and wig
- bin rhymes with pin, din, sin, and fin
- cop rhymes with drop, hop, top, and mop
Word Families Activity
Kindergarten kids will LOVE this CVC center! We know that with learning, repetition and practice is key. Kids will be motivated to find and use dot markers to identify their CVC words with short vowel sounds using these fun ‘cooking pot’ or ‘soup’ themed cards. Kids choose a card and read the short vowel CVC word on the spoon, they then find and read words on the circles and dab the rhyming words. They continue to do so until they have found all the matches for that card. Encourage them to say the word on the card as they look for the matching words.
CVC words can be difficult for kindergarten kids. Encourage them to work on their reading and rhyming skills with this set of fun cards!
Do Marker Worksheets
Looking for more activities to try with your do a dot printables? You will love these free worksheets:
- Alphabet Bingo Dauber Printables
- Number Bingo Dauber printables – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Dot marker Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Use Dot Markers to complete these cute Beginning Sounds Worksheets
- Mystery Picture Worksheets with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- Star Wars Free Printable Letter Recognition Worksheets
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Printable Game using dot markers
- Flower Letter Identification Worksheets
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
Free Dot Marker Printables
- Robot Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worksheet pages
- Maze CVC Words Worksheets with dot markers
- Free Trigraph Worksheets to complete with Bingo Daubers
- Airplane Dab CVC Worksheets
- Alphabet Bingo Dauber Printables
- Cooking Up Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten with do a dot markers
- Apple Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Landform Worksheets pdf FREE
- Endangered Animals Letter Find Worksheets
- Simple Fall Do a Dot Printables for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Letter Find Pumpkin Worksheets for Preschool with bingo daubers
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Final Consonant Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- Cute, FREE preschool calendar printables 2021
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Snow Globe Winter Worksheets for Kindergarten with dab markers
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten,
- BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
Cooking up Rhymes – CVC Word Family Read & Dab
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!