Help Kindergarten age students practice rhyming words with these super cute, FREE printable Flowers Rhyming Worksheet perfect for working on reading readiness this spring.
Spring time! Have you seen any pretty flowers growing in your neighbourhood lately? What colors have you seen? I bet you have! Here is a fun rhyming flowers activity your early readers will enjoy this Spring!
Practice reading CVC words (consonant-vowel-consonant) and recognising patterns and rhymes in words with our fun rhyming flowers activity! Choose your own colors to color the pair of flowers that rhyme!
Rhyming Words Worksheet
The child reads a flower word and decides on the color to color the flower. Then he/she find the flower with the rhyming word and color it the same color. Effectively, there would be 6 colors used for the 6 pairs.
Rhyming is a skill young children pick up on even before they know their letters. Think about nursery rhymes- kids learn to hear the rhyming words even before they realise it. This is part of phonemic awareness, one of the building blocks for reading and spelling. When a child can identify rhymes AND know their letters, writing and reading can happen. And that is exactly what this fun activity is all about!
Rhyming Words for Kindergarten
Picking up on word patterns(some call it word families), makes reading easier too. If a child can read run, he/she can certainly read sun, nun, fun and so on, by simply changing the first sound.(Another skill needed for reading- phonemic manipulation.) It sounds simple, but think about when a child gets older and comes across a difficult word like “nation”. If he knows the “tion” (“shin”) in the word “caution”, he will be able to read “nation” applying that knowledge. It is all about creating patterns the brain will remember!
Have fun practicing reading and rhyming with your pretty rhyming flowers!
- Potato Maze – Summer STEM Activity for Kids
- Water Pollution for Kids Science Expeirment
- Simple Geranium Photosynthesis Experiment for Kids
- How to Regrow Celery in Water
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Color Changing Flower Experiment learning about capillar action
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Easy BEE Pollination Experimnt for kids using Jello
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Seeds and Plants Unit filled with hands-on Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Free Printable Parts of a Plant Flipbook
- Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet Pack
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets and Observation Book
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Steps to Planting a Seed Worksheet
- Grass Craft for Kids
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Tulip Flower Craft for Kids
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Flower Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Worksheet
- FREE Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Sunflower Printable ABC Puzzles
- Flower Beginning Sounds Activity
- Flower Kindergarten Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name Worksheet for Kindergarten
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Digraph Activity Build-a-Flower
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Letter Find Flower Worksheets
- Flower Worksheets to practice a variety of skills
Rhyming Worksheets for Kindergarten
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!