Kids will have fun reading the fun winter picture book and practicing putting the story in order with these fun there was a cold lady who swallowed some snow activities. This fun, free printable cut and paste there was an old lady who swallowed some snow sequencing activity is fun for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Download pdf file with there was an old lady who swallowed some snow printables and get ready for a fun winter activity this December, January, and February.
There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow activities
The cold, snowy weather is here to stay for a while in upstate New York. My boys and I have pulled our favorite wintry reads off the shelves. We love to spend evenings with mugs of cocoa and books about blizzards! They’ve always been fans of the ‘Old Lady’ series, so we’ve read There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! a lot lately. Inspired by the fun rhyme, I put together a flexible there was a cold lady who swallowed some snow activities that is perfect for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. Read on to learn more about the book and grab our old lady who swallowed some snow printables.
There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow printables
There was an old lady who swallowed some snow activities
Fans of the’ Old Lady’ series written by Lucille Colandro and illustrated by Jared Lee will be familiar with the book’s premise immediately. A twist on the classic nursery rhyme song, There Was A Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow! follows the adventure of an old lady on a winter walk. (Think i know an old lady who swallowed some snow …) She swallows all sorts of silly things for reasons that will keep kids giggling.
There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow!
There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow sequencing
There was an old lady who swallowed some snow sequencing
There was an Cold Lady who Swallowed Some Snow Activities
Kindergarten Winter Cut & Paste Activity
- As you read there was an old lady who swallowed a snowflake story aloud, add each item to her stomach as she swallows them in the book.
- After reading, from memory, add the items to her stomach in the same sequence the cold lady swallowed them. This is a great way to test story comprehension and retention!
- Add the items to her stomach in alphabetical order.
- Place the items in her stomach in reverse alphabetical order.
- Add the items according to the colors your child colored them. (This is especially great for younger siblings that are playing along)
- Call out clues and see if your child adds them in the right order.
- ‘First, add a word that starts with P’.
- ‘Next, add the word that rhymes with ‘cat’.’
- And so on.
- The possibilities are endless- it’s simple to adapt to your child’s own needs! I included some blank squares as well, to allow your child to create their own versions of the story!
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable
Sequencing Worksheets Preschool
Looking for more fun and free sequencing activities including cut and paste worksheets, hands on activities, and more for early learners? Try these:
- Fall Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers
- Fall Sequencing Worksheets
- Field to Table Farm Products Sequence Cards
- What we eat Farm to Table Sequencing Worksheets
- Making Hot Chocolate Worksheet – a sequencing activity
- Sequencing Planting a Seed Worksheet
- There was an old lady who swallowed some snow activities – fun sequencing activities
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Build a Snowman Worksheet
- Months of the Year Sequencing Activities for Kindergarten
Book Based Activities
Looking for more book themed printable activities for prek and kindergarten age kids? You will love these ideas:
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin Math
- Hank Finds an Egg Math
- Thanksgiving Story & Writing Prompt
- Night Before Christmas 100s Chart Coloring
- Fall Leaf Story Time with Shapes Activity
- Rhyming with Green Eggs and Ham
- Cat in the Hat Math
There was an old lady who swallowed some snow printables
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!