Get ready for fall with this fun fall leaf story time activity with a free pritnable shapes worksheets for kindergarten.
Shapes worksheets for kindergarten
Autumn is setting in quickly and the leaves are beginning their colorful transformations. My children and I love to mark the change of seasons with themed story times. Today I’m sharing two of our favorite fall leaf read-a-louds, and a fun activity to review some basic shapes.
We’re Going On A Leaf Hunt
We’re Going On A Leaf Hunt was written by Steve Metzger. The colorful illustrations were made by Miki Sakamoto. The book is a fun, chanting sort of story, that chronicles a group of kids out on a fall leaf hunt. Young readers will love the adventures the children have as they encounter waterfalls and skunks on their hunt. The book touches on some of the characteristic colors of autumn leaves, so it’s a perfect choice for starting a discussion about fall leaves.
The Leaves on the Trees
Thom Wiley’s The Leaves on the Trees is a lyrical book about the leaves you find in the fall. The book presents many varieties of leaf types, describing them by shape and tree name. Andrew Day’s illustrations feature bright, vibrant leaves. The diversity of leaf types and shades included in the books make it a great option for a fall leaf story time. Children will love chiming in with the repetitive ‘Autumn is here!’ line, allowing them to be an active part of the reading.
FREE Fall Leaf Color By Shape
These fall stories lend themselves perfectly to an activity that reviews some basic shapes. I created a fun, simple printable to allow children to color by shape. This allows them to review their recognition of triangles, squares, rectangles, and circles while creating a beautiful fall tree picture to hang up. Additionally, it’s a great mini review of some of the color sight words. The activity is very low-key, and requires very few supplies- the printed page and some crayons or colored pencils are all your child needs.
Fall Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool
Find another theme that interests your student to make learning fun! These free printable packs are all FREE!
- Garden Worksheets for Kids
- Shark Worksheets
- Scarecrow Worksheets
- Pets Printable Pack
- Rainbow Worksheets
- Frog Life Cycle Cards
- Butterfly Identification Pack
- Ancient Egypt Themed Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Monsters Inc Pre k Worksheets
- Princess Worksheets
- Minion Preschool Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables
FUN Book Based Activities
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin Math
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow Sequencing
- Hank Finds an Egg Math
- Thanksgiving Story & Writing Prompt
- Night Before Christmas 100s Chart Coloring
- Fall Leaf Story Time with Shapes Activity
- Rhyming with Green Eggs and Ham
- Cat in the Hat Math
Download Fall Leaf Story Time with Shape Worksheet
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!