Our FREE Printable Love Monster count and cover game is ready just in time for Valentine’s Day. You will love this fun number game for kindergarten. This valentines day math is EASY prep and lots of fun. Use the Valentine’s Day Worksheets to make learning fun with a Valentines Day Kindergarten activity for at home or in the classroom. Simply download pdf file with valentiens activities for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn with a heart activity this February!
Number Game for Kindergarten
We all know that Kindergarten students need a lot of practice when it comes to counting and learning about numbers. But it is not always easy is it? We must deal with a class of individual children and each one is at a different stage in their learning journey. Some children arrive in our class able to count and recognize numbers and others come with no prior experience. The different needs of individual students and time constraints make it hard to plan.
The good news is that math games can really help. We know that our students need A LOT of practice and games make practicing fun. Therefore, we have designed a fun counting number game for Kindergarten. And the best part? It is completely FREE! Our Valentine themed set has everything you need to set up a math center. There are 4 count and cover mats featuring the cutest love monsters you have ever seen. It also has a nice set of heart ten frames. As always, our game comes in full color or black and white.
Valentine’s Day Worksheets
Valentines Day Kindergarten
As you know, numbers are quite abstract concepts. As such, they are hard for our concrete thinkers to really understand. This is why we use so many manipulatives in Kindergarten. They provide something tangible that the learners can see and touch.
Ten frames give the children the chance to work with numbers in a way that makes sense to them. students count the objects and visualize the numbers at the same time. As our numbering system is base ten, the ten frames also build a foundation that will help our students begin to work on an understanding of place value.
Valentine Activities for Kindergarten
Our Love Monster count and cover mats will help student practice number recognition and counting objects from 1-10. Add some tweezers into the mix and work on those fine motor skills at the same time. How’s that for a win?
The object of the game is to count the hearts on the ten frame. Then, locate the matching numerals on the mat and cover them with a small manipulative.
Our count and cover mats are deliciously low prep. Just download, print and cut out the ten frames. If you prefer you can skip the ten frames and use a large ten-sided dice.
Connecting to the Common Core
- Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
- When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object.
- Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
Use the game as An activity for early finishers or a fun math center. Children can play the game by themselves or with 1-3 buddies. If you send home a newsletter, you could also point parents to this post, so they can use it at home.
Valentines Day Math
To try this fun, simple valentines day math activity all you need are a few simple supplies:
- Printable file (below)
- Small manipulative such as counters, heart shaped mini erasers. I loved these mini heart buttons.
- Small Plastic tweezers(optional)
Now print the pages you need onto card stock. Select the color pages or black and white template. Laminate if you wish; the game will last much longer if you do. Finally cut apart the ten frames.
Valentines math activities
- Give each students a Love Monster count and cover mat and 20 manipulatives.
- Shuffle the heart ten frames and place face them down.
- Instruct each student in turn to turn over a heart ten frame and count the hearts. Show them how to find that number on their mat and place a manipulative over it. Each number from 1-10 can be found twice on the mat.
- Repeat until the mat is completely covered. Reshuffle the ten frames and place them back down If you are playing with a buddy.
Download the FREE love monster count and cover game today!
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Penguin Skip Counting Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
Valentines Day Crafts
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Wow! These FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages are sure to keep kids engaged
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Kindergarten Ten Frame
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!