Our FREE Printable Love Monster count and cover game is ready just in time for Valentine’s Day. You will love this fun number game for kindergarten. This valentines day math is EASY prep and lots of fun. Use the Valentine’s Day Worksheets to make learning fun with a Valentines Day Kindergarten activity for at home or in the classroom. Simply print pdf file with valentiens activities for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn with a heart activity this February!
Number Game for Kindergarten
We all know that Kindergarten students need a lot of practice when it comes to counting and learning about numbers. But it is not always easy is it? We must deal with a class of individual children and each one is at a different stage in their learning journey. Some children arrive in our class able to count and recognize numbers and others come with no prior experience. The different needs of individual students and time constraints make it hard to plan.
The good news is that math games can really help. We know that our students need A LOT of practice and games make practicing fun. Therefore, we have designed a fun counting number game for Kindergarten. And the best part? It is completely FREE! Our Valentine themed set has everything you need to set up a math center. There are 4 count and cover mats featuring the cutest love monsters you have ever seen. It also has a nice set of heart ten frames. As always, our game comes in full color or black and white.
Valentine’s Day Worksheets
Valentines Day Kindergarten
As you know, numbers are quite abstract concepts. As such, they are hard for our concrete thinkers to really understand. This is why we use so many manipulatives in Kindergarten. They provide something tangible that the learners can see and touch.
Ten frames give the children the chance to work with numbers in a way that makes sense to them. students count the objects and visualize the numbers at the same time. As our numbering system is base ten, the ten frames also build a foundation that will help our students begin to work on an understanding of place value.
Valentine Activities for Kindergarten
Our Love Monster count and cover mats will help student practice number recognition and counting objects from 1-10. Add some tweezers into the mix and work on those fine motor skills at the same time. How’s that for a win?
The object of the game is to count the hearts on the ten frame. Then, locate the matching numerals on the mat and cover them with a small manipulative.
Our count and cover mats are deliciously low prep. Just print and cut out the ten frames. If you prefer you can skip the ten frames and use a large ten-sided dice.
Connecting to the Common Core
- Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
- When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object.
- Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
Use the game as An activity for early finishers or a fun math center. Children can play the game by themselves or with 1-3 buddies. If you send home a newsletter, you could also point parents to this post, so they can use it at home.
Valentines Day Math
To try this fun, simple valentines day math activity all you need are a few simple supplies:
- Printable file (below)
- Small manipulative such as counters, heart shaped mini erasers. I loved these mini heart buttons.
- Small Plastic tweezers(optional)
Now print the pages you need onto card stock. Select the color pages or black and white template. Laminate if you wish; the game will last much longer if you do. Finally cut apart the ten frames.
Valentines math activities
- Give each students a Love Monster count and cover mat and 20 manipulatives.
- Shuffle the heart ten frames and place face them down.
- Instruct each student in turn to turn over a heart ten frame and count the hearts. Show them how to find that number on their mat and place a manipulative over it. Each number from 1-10 can be found twice on the mat.
- Repeat until the mat is completely covered. Reshuffle the ten frames and place them back down If you are playing with a buddy.
Print the FREE love monster count and cover game today!
Valentines Day Language Arts
- Chocolate Sight Words Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers – matching activity to practice identifying and reading key sight words.
- Parts of Speech Valentines Day Activities – perfect for February, this valentines day activity is a great way for kids to practice sorting noun, verb, and adjective Valentines.
- Rhyming Valentines day worksheets to cut and paste and practice identifying rhyming words
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Color by Sight Word Valentine Worksheets – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Valentines Day Sight Words Mats – super cute, low prep activity for practicing bulding sight words
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines day activities for kindergarten
- Valentine’s day spelling – this is such a fun spelling activity for Valentines day with kids of all ages
- LlamaValentines Writing free printable stationary to work on writing skills in February.
- Short i words heart mats to help kids practice short i words
- Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar – give kids ideas to encourage lots of writing practice with this free printable
- Pre-writing Valentine Worksheets for preschool
- February Writing Prompts – print off these writing prompts that containt different sized lines for K-4th graders
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Math Activities – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut-and-paste February math craft
- Free Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Valentine math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Measurement Valentines Day math worksheets for helping upper elementary age kids with learning about measurements
- Valentines Roll and Cover math activity for working on number sense
- Happy Valentines Day Mouse Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Math
- Color by odd and even numbers Valentines Day Math Worksheets
- Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Color by Number Worksheets for Febuary
- Fun Valentines Day Math working on estimating with kids
- Valentines Day Worksheets learning about symmetry with drawing prompts.
- Heart Penguin Skip Counting Strips – simple Valentine math for kindergartners
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Love Monster Ten Frame Valentines Day Math Activities
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s day worksheets for preschoolers!
Valentines Day Science
- These super cute and EASY Science Valentines use science to blow up a balloon to reveal a hidden message
- Simply science fun Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Kids will be amazed with this fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Experiment making slt crystal hearts in February
- Simple Dancing Hearts Experiment – Valentines day activities for preschoolers and kids of all ages!
- February themed, Simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk activity
- Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Simple Oil and Water Valentines Day Science for kids
- Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids
Other Valentines Day Printables
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- I spy Valentine Worksheet – this is a fun valentines day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine
- Valentine coloring pages for preschool – kids will have fun improving coordination and strengthning fine motor skills with these pre writing pages.
- Free Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets – fun way for kids to strenthen hand muscles and cordination with a fun February theme.
- Sunday school valentine crafts – perfect February craft for students learning about the ten commandments
- Simple, Free Valentines day coloring pages pdf – simple coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and kindergartners
- Plus don’t forget to grab these valentine books for preschool or take a peak at our Preschool Valentine Ideas or our Valentines Day Theme for Elementary age students.
Kindergarten Ten Frame
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!