Make practicing writing FUN with this creative writing prompts. with this FREE Pineapple Writing Activity perfect for kindergartners!
Pineapple Writing Activity
Do you love pineapples as much as I do? Fresh cut and so juicy? Speaking of pineapple juice, I could drink that every day! It’s so sweet and yet so tart at the same time. It is quintessential summer for me, summer wouldn’t be complete without it! Plus pineapples make a super cute summer writing journal too, doesn’t it?
Creative Writing Ideas
Summer break is something that kids wait all school year for. It’s precious playing time, living under the sunshine, having fun in water and of course eating pineapples. Unfortunately, kids who take a complete few month break from learning can lose months worth of knowledge of math or reading. They call it summer drain brain. It’s a catchy name but it is easy for kids to get!
So how do we prevent it? We don’t have to give them full days of school work, but practicing skills can be very important. I like to keep it simple and light, with engaging activities that have summer themes or easily help children review what they learned in the previous school year.
Summer Writing Prompts
This Pineapple Summer Writing Prompt Book is the perfect writing activity! This can work for children from Kindergarten all the way up to..well, I even filled one out!
There are multiple options for this book. Each page can be added to the book as little as once or multiple times.
- My Summer Bucket List
- The Best Thing About Summer
- My Summer Goals
- My Dream Summer Vacation
Creative Writing Prompts
There is one page, that can be printed multiple times if desired, with writing lines. There is also a blank pineapple page for illustration. This is basically a design your own book. This is beneficial for allowing children to create a book that is within their level. If children are not quite ready to completely write, they can draw. If they are not interested in illustrating, they can just write. Plus, with this variety, it can be as short or as long as needed.
I have included this is in both color and black & white.
Creative Writing Ideas
After figuring out which pages you would like, print them out. I prefer to cut the pineapples shape out.
Have children do their drawing and/or writing. If you are using black and white, this is the time to color the pages as well. When the book is completed, staple the top.
This is such a simple summer activity that can help stimulate a child’s mind, yet still enjoy the summer fun feel!!
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Watermelon Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Practice making letters with this hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Summer Playdough Mats
- Smore Skip Counting Activity
- Count to 10 Vegetable Printables
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheets
- Zoo Animal Worksheets
- Summer Maze Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Grab these Summer Free Printable Bookmarks and a book off our Kindergarten Book List
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets pdf
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Counting to 20 Activity
- Free Bubble Word Family Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Game
- Ice Cream Pattern Activity for Kindergarten
- I Spy Ice Cream Printables
- Hot Dogs Number Words Activity
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Bond Activities
- Practice writing with these summer writing prompts for kindergarten worksheets or Build and Write Lego Writing Promtps
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Printables
- Work on phonics skills with these Beginning Sound Activities for summer
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Summer Worksheets
- Surfboard Opposite Puzzles
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Activities for Kindergarten
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Matching Game
- Pool Summer Counting Count and Trace Activity for Numbers 1-20
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer tracing worksheets
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Summer Activities for Kids
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Fun Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Lego DIY Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Sidewalk Chalk Recipe
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
- Amazing Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Bubble Painting
- 2 Ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Marshmallow Shooter STEM Activity
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Stunning Coloring Flower Science Experiment
- 107 Summer Activities for Kids
Download Pineapple Writing Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!