These free Gingerbread Man sequencing activities are a great way for children to practice and improve their sequencing skills, and their writing skills. Having them read the story before completing these activities is a great way to incorporate reading skills with these activities.
Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activities
Use these free, printable sequencing activities to practice and improve sequencing skills and handwriting. Also, through completing these worksheets children will be practicing their reading skills, as well as their understanding and making sense of material that they read. These are important skills that they will need later in life.
To complete these activities children will need to be familiar with the story of The Gingerbread Man. A great way to work on reading skills and comprehension, is to have them read the story aloud before starting these activities. As there are many variations of this story, they read a few different ones and compare the differences. If there are any words that they haven’t come across before, they could learn how to use a dictionary and find the meanings of these words.
Gingerbread Man Sequencing
Included in this pack are three different sequencing activities. The first one is sequencing cards. These cards contain black and white pictures of the story. Children can color these in, then they can be laminated and held together with a ring. Children can then use these cards to verbally retell the story of The Gingerbread Man or they could use these cards to write, in their own words, the story of The Gingerbread Man.
Gingerbread Man Worksheets
The second activity is a cut and paste sequencing activity. This one page activity is in black and white, as well, allowing children to decorate the page when they have finished the activity. For this, children will need to cut out the eight sequencing pictures on the bottom of the page. Then they will paste them on the top of the page in the correct order.
Gingerbread Man Printable
The third and final activity is The Gingerbread Man Sequencing Book. Once these pages have been printed, they will need to be cut in half, then the book can be put together. At the top of each page in this book are the pictures of what happened in the story. At the bottom of the page are lines for children to write the story in their own words.
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
- Epic Gingerbread Puffy Paint
- No stick Gingerbread Slime Recipe
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- LOTS of fun Gingerbread Crafts and Activities
- Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe – they come out soft every time!
Sequencing Worksheets Preschool
Looking for more fun and free sequencing activities including cut and paste worksheets, hands on activities, and more for early learners? Try these:
- Fall Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers
- Fall Sequencing Worksheets
- Field to Table Farm Products Sequence Cards
- What we eat Farm to Table Sequencing Worksheets
- Making Hot Chocolate Worksheet – a sequencing activity
- Sequencing Planting a Seed Worksheet
- There was an old lady who swallowed some snow activities – fun sequencing activities
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Build a Snowman Worksheet
- Months of the Year Sequencing Activities for Kindergarten
Free Gingerbread Man Printables
- Gingerbread Man Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- Printable Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Parts of Speech Cards
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Christmas Math Maths
- Gingerbread Alphabet Activity
- Printable Gingerbread Coloring Sheets
- Christmas Size Sequencing Cards
- Decorate the Gingerbread House Patterns Activity
Download Gingerbread Man Sequencing Pack
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!