Have fun working on alphabet recognition with this these super cute snowflake printables where students will find and dab the right letter. This letter recognition activity for December, January, and February is a great way to help kids learn their ABCs. Simply download pdf file with winter printables and you are ready for a winter literacy activities with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students. We just love do a dot printables!
Kindergarten kids will love these snowflake themed alphabet worksheets! Looking for a fun way to reinforce and practice alphabet lower and uppercase recognition skills? These snowflake printables will have kids identifying the letters and finding their match and dabbing them. The winter kindergarten are easy to prep and you could also add a sensory bin with magnetic letters to reinforce the letters they are working on.
- A4 paper
- Daubers (dot markers)
Print the set you would like to use. There are two letters on one page, or you could print the whole set and have them ready in a tub for morning work.
Winter Literacy Activities
Use these printables to help kids develop letter identification skills and strengthen their letter knowledge. Kids need to master their letter sounds and identification as it is a critical component to prepare them for reading. Introduce the printable cards and show the kids how to use the daubers to dab the alphabet letters. These printables work for kindergarten kids as they allow them to identify their upper and lowercase letters. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to find and dab the whole card to win the game. This game is perfect for kindergarten learners still consolidating their skills in winter.
You could also create a sensory bin, fill it up with rice and add magnetic letters. Have the kids find the matching magnetic letters for the printable they’re working on. If you have multiple sets of magnetic letters, this could also work really well by getting them to find letter matches to all the letters on their printable sheet.
Have preschool students? This could potentially work that way – finding matches. Although, it may be a little difficult for pre-schoolers to work on finding upper and lowercase letters on one sheet.
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Super cute, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Snowman Printable
Download Winter Printables
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.