Are you looking for ways to teach letter identification to your Pre-K, Preschool and Kindergarten children? These Letter Recognition Cards are a fun, hands-on alphabet letter identification activity that really helps children in retaining their alphabet letters. Simply download pdf file with letter recognition worksheets and you are ready to play and learn the alphabet!
Letter Recognition Cards
These letter recognition printables can be used as letter recognition cards or letter identification worksheets to work on recognizing lettesr of the alphabet from A to Z in different fonts and styles. This is such a great activity to work on visual discriminatino with preschoolers and kindergartners. Plus these are a fun, reusable kindergarten letter recognition activity is great for practicing recognizing letters.
Letter Recognition Worksheets
Letter Identification Cards
All you need to do this NO PREP alphabet activity with students are a few simple materials:
Letter identification worksheets
There are two cards for each letter of the alphabet. One for the uppercase letter and one for the lowercase letter. There are a few ways that we have used these Alphabet Identification Cards.
Laminate and Dry-Erase Marker
After printing out the cards on white paper, I cut each one out and laminated them. I punched a hole in the top left hand corner of each card and use a ring binder to keep them together. I attached the uppercase letters first in alphabetical order and then the lowercase letters in alphabetical order. My son went through the cards while they were still attached by the ring binder and used a dry-erase marker to circle the answers. Once he was finished, I was able to erase the circles and the cards are ready to be used again.
These cards can also be used with younger children who prefer to use dot markers. Print out all the pages, cut out all of the cards and have your child use a dot marker to dot all the answers. You can print out multiple copies of this printable pack to allow your child to practice recognizing each letter. I have created this pack in just black and white which will save on ink when printing.
Circle / Dot and Say
Once your child is able to easily recognize the letters of the alphabet, these cards can then be used to help with their phonics. Once they have their card, have them say the sound of the letter at the top/ Then have them say each of the letters in the box as they search for the letters they need to circle or dot.
Free printable letter recognition worksheets
We chose to work on the uppercase letters first as they are more distinguishable from each other. Once these letters were easily recognized, we moved onto the lowercase letters. Whether it is for introducing the letters of the alphabet or mastering letter recognition, I hope you enjoy using these Alphabet Identification Cards with your child.
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this ABC coloring book free download foe some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Printables to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient printable crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute alphabet cards to trace with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Find the Letter worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these alphabet worksheets for kindergarten a to z
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this free traceable alphabet to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
Letter recognition printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!