Make learning fun for kindergartners with these free printable, winter worksheets for kindergarten! These winter math worksheets include a variety of skills such as ten frames, number names, making 10, addition to 10, supbtraction up to 10, and more. Simply print the kindergarten winter math worksheets and you are ready to play and learn this December, January, and February!
Winter Worksheets for Kindergarten
It’s that time of year again! The days are shorter, the air is crisp, and you may even have snow on the ground. As winter sets in, we wanted to share a FREE collection of winter math worksheets to help your students practice their basic math skills. These printables are perfect for use in the classroom or at home. Just download and print! Our free winter math worksheets for Kindergarten are just what you need to help your students practice their basic math skills during the season. Whether you use them in the classroom or send them home, your students will love these winter-themed worksheets. And the best part? They’re FREE!
Winter math worksheets for kindergarten
Winter Math Worksheets
These winter worksheets for kindegarten are perfect for practicing essential math skills in a fun and engaging way. With winter-themed images, they’re great for this time of year. So, go ahead and grab the free download. Ready to take a closer look and see what is inside this set of math printables?
Winter Ten Frames
Ten frames are excellent for helping to lay the foundation for working with larger numbers. They are a brilliant tool for building number sense in students!
Students are invited to color in the squares on the ten frames to match a given number. This activity practices number recognition and counting skills. It also improves students’ understanding of quantities. And if extra support is needed, manipulatives can be used for hands-on counting and placing on the ten frames.
A strong understanding of base ten is essential for students. The frames are beneficial because children can use them to count objects up to ten and then see what these numbers look like. Children with lots of hands-on experience like this tend to find it easier to tackle more complex math concepts, like place value! This kind of activity helps students build a solid understanding of numbers, which is invaluable.
Snowflake Number Names
In this worksheet, children are tasked with counting the number of snowflakes falling outside the window and writing down the corresponding number word. The number words are included in a word bank at the bottom of the page to assist students who need extra help.
This activity helps children practice identifying, counting, and writing number words, an essential skill for early math development. By solving this simple, visually appealing problem, kids also strengthen their counting skills and number sense. This worksheet is a fun way for young learners to practice using number words.
Teacher tip: Do you have any students that lag behind their peers in math despite extra practice? They may have the learning disability Dyscalculia. It is estimated that 3-6% of the population have this learning disability, yet very few are diagnosed. Difficulty counting is a classic symptom. Learn more here.
Snowman Make Ten
This worksheet strengthens children’s understanding of number relationships within ten. Students are given equations with one addend and the sum of 10. They must figure out the missing number and complete the equation by cutting and pasting the correct numbers into the box. The number line at the bottom can serve as an aid for those who need it.
This activity helps children learn strategies for solving addition and subtraction problems mentally. It also lays the foundation for calculations with larger numbers in the future.
Winter Addition Worksheets
Addition up to 10 provides students with simple addition problems and allows them to practice adding two numbers. The highest total is limited to 10, making them easier for young learners to manage. The vertical format also prepares students for more advanced arithmetic involving multiple-digit numbers in the future. Manipulatives or a number line would be helpful for children just starting to add, so we provided these on the last page. Just print, laminate, and cut apart.
Winter Subtraction Worksheets
Working on subtraction can be challenging for young learners, but this worksheet offers a chance to practice some simple sums. By keeping the highest number at 10, students can focus on the subtraction process without getting overwhelmed by larger numbers.
The problems’ vertical format also helps prepare students for subtraction with larger numbers.
Our manipulatives and number line would be helpful for learners just starting with subtraction. You’ll find them on the last page. Print and laminate.
5 Ways to Use These Winter Math Worksheets
- Math Centers: Incorporate these printables into your math centers for extra winter-themed practice. Students can work on them individually or in small groups.
- Morning Work: Use these printables as morning work throughout the winter months. They’re a great way to start the day and get students’ minds moving before diving into more challenging tasks.
- Homework: Send these printables home as homework. It’s a great way to sneak in extra practice outside the classroom!
- Review: Use these printables to review concepts taught earlier in the year. They make an excellent refresher for students before moving on to new material.
Winter addition worksheets for kindergarten
These winter math printables for Kindergarten are an excellent resource for busy teachers and homeschoolers! They’re perfect for everything from morning work and math centers to homework. And did we mention they’re FREE? Just download and print – easy peasy! Your students will love brushing up on their math skills with these fun, winter-themed worksheets.
Addition and Subtraction
- Math Mystery subtraction printables
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5
- Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction fluency games
- Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math – addition and subtraction fact family worksheets
- Snowman Math – build a snowman by solving addition and subtraction problems
- Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Cute Lion Addition Games to 5
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20
- Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets
- Math Cootie Catcher – addition, subtraction, numbers, dubbling
- Free Fact Family Worksheets – color or black & white
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Nocturnal Animals Printable Addition and Subtraction Games
- We have thousands more Free Kindergarten Worksheets and Kindergarten Math Worksheets to make learning fun and easy for kindergartners!
- Snow Volcano, silly Melting Snowman, snowman Eruptions Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe, easy Exploding Snowman, measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activities, and erupting Snow fun winter science experiments
- How to Make Frost in a Can or magic melting snowballs Winter Science Activities
- Circle sticker snowman craft, epic Puffy Snow Paint, fun snowflake crafts for kids, stunning glue snowman suncatcher craft, keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- Easy DIY Snow globe, count-to-10 Snowman Craft for Preschoolers, Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids, How to make icicles out of paper, adorable Penguin Handprint Craft
- Easy Snowman Paper Craft, snowman Handmade Greeting Cards, 30+ January Crafts for Kids, and free Simple Winter Coloring Sheets
- Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids, transfer Snowball Game, yummy Snow Ice Cream recipe, winter Snow Slime Recipe, 30+ January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime, painting in the snow activities for kids, fun Winter I Spy printable activity, Lego January STEM Activities, Rhyming 5 Little Snowman Activity, DIY Launcher Snowman Activities, and suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words, beginning sounds Snowman Printable, free Snowman Coloring Pages, and dab the letter Snowflake Worksheets
- Snowman Word Family Winter Activities for Kindergarten, free Snowman Worksheet pack, snow globe letter find winter worksheets for kindergarten
- Penguin Printable Beginnig Sounds Match, and winter worksheets for kindergarten
- Snowman Writing Prompts, or these Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF, or make a winter book with these Winter Writng Prompts for Kindergarten
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z, snowflake Winter Compound Words, free Build a Snowman Sequencing, letter tracing Hat and Mitten Free Winter Printables
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers, Sight Word Winter Worksheets, 20 Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers and Kindergarten, Polar Bear Printable Alphabet Match, There was an old lady who swallowed some snow worksheets, and free Arctic Animal Worksheets
- Snowman Counting Book, Free printable shape puzzles for winter, Snowman Math Craft for addition and subtraction, Winter Printable Telling Time, Snowman Activities for Preschool, Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles, Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Cute Snowman Counting Cards, Snowman Winter Worksheets for place value, Multiplication Snowman activity, and snowman sums Winter Math Activities
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Workshsets, cover Snowman Math Game, Snowflake Math Counting to 100, Winter Math Games for Kindergartners, count to 10 Snowman Puzzles, Winter Dot-to-Dot Worksheets, How to Make Chocolate Worksheets Printables
- Shape Matching Penguin Activities, Free Winter Color by Number, color words Winter Dot Marker Printables, measurement Winter Math Worksheets, and Count to 20 Winter Playdough Mats
Snowman Math Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!