If you are looking for a fun punctuation activity to sneak in some practice adding ending marks to sentences, you will love these free printable punctuation practice worksheets. These free punctuation worksheets are perfect for Kindergarten and first grade students.
Want your kindergartners and grade 1 students to work on their sentence types and ending punctuation? Have them do these fun pencil themed clip cards. These will work well for a back to school review, during grammar centers, or even throughout the year as review or practice. I had my ESL kids in mind when making these – they will work well for them too! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this punctuation activity that uses free punctuation practice worksheets to make learning simple and fun!
Punctuation practice worksheets
Free punctuation worksheets
- A4 paper
- Dry erase markers
Print as many sets of these strips as you need for each group in your class. These can be worked on during literacy stations and in small groups.
Punctuation worksheets for kindergarten
There are 14 strips and 7 editable blank strips for you to add your own sentences to the pack. Print and use a black permanent markers and laminate them before you cut them apart.
How to use:
- Have the kids read the sentence carefully (one strip at a time).
- They will then identify if the sentence is a question, statement, exclamatory or command.
- They will then write the ending punctuation using a dry erase marker.
- Then clip the ending punctuation with a peg.
- As an extension activity, I get my students to copy those sentences in their books. This is completely optional but it does help them develop their writing skills too.
These strips can be differentiated, so you can definitely use the empty editable page and add your own sentences to make simpler or more complex sentences for your students depending on their ability.
This is a great way to help kids practice and develop their grammar skills in a fun and engaging way. Do you ELL kids need more activities? My students always do! It’s essential that we provide them with plenty of ways to practice their grammar skills for improved language development.
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- COPS Kindergarten Writing Checklist
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Punctuation practice worksheets pdf
By using resource from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!