Most kids love Halloween activities, so let’s take advantage of that and sneak in some learning at the same time. Help your students practice counting 1-10 and number words with this Halloween themed game – monster memory game! This free number memory game printable will help preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children practice numeral and number word recognition with a fun monster activity for kids. They will also be counting, so this is a perfect activity for younger learners.
Monster memory game
Students can play this monster memory game by simply matching up the number word and numeral cards side by side. Or they can play this free printable memory game the traditional way where you turn 2 cards over trying to find a number and picture match. The idea with this halloween game is to match the number name with the corresponding numeral, so the card with the monster holding four Halloween candies is paired with the card showing 4 Halloween treats. The game is easy to play, and is perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners who are just starting to work on counting to 10 and number words.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free printable halloween game for making counting fun in October! This free printable memory game is perfect for extra practice, math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Number memory game printable
The best part about this game is its versatility.
· You can use it in a math center or keep it as an early finisher activity.
· Play individually or with a friend.
· Children at variety of skill levels can enjoy this game
Memory game for kindergarten
All you have to do is download the file and print onto cardstock. The last page of the download is a design for the back of the cards. This is purely optional and you can certainly leave the backs of the cards blank if you wish.
If you want two sided cards, just print pages 1-7. Then place them back into the printer and make 7 copies of page 7 on the back of the cards.
I would laminate the cards, so they last longer, and then cut them out. That’s all there is to it! Easy Peasy! Now you are ready to play.
Monster math counting to 10
For children just starting to count.
1. Sort the cards into two piles, a pile of monster cards and another pile of candy cards.
2. Have your child pick up the monster card from the pile, read the number word, and count the number of candies the monster is holding. Then find the card with the matching number of candies.
3. When your child finds a matching pair, place them in a separate pile.
Challenge students to put the cards in number order as they find a match. You could go from zero to ten or from ten to zero.
Math memory game printable
For children progressing in their number skills
1. Mix up the cards and place face them down in rows.
2. Invite the player to turn over two cards. The cards stay in the same place.
3. The idea is to match number words and numerals.
4. If the cards match, remove them from play and turn over two more cards.
5. If the cards do not match, turn them back face down.
6. Play continues until all the cards have been picked up.
Hint: Try to remember where the cards are placed, so you don’t have to guess where the matches are.
Printable Halloween Game
Playing with a friend
The first player turns over two cards as above. If the cards match, the player gets another go. If they do not match, turn them back face down and play passes to the next player.
· You can play competitively- the player with the most pairs wins
· Or cooperatively – how fast can you find all the pairs?
Use the cards to play a Go Fish type game, where players ask each other if they have a particular card. Substitute the words “Go fish” with “Go trick or treat.”
Monster Activities for Kindergartners
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Kindergarten Numbers Practice
- Pool Writing Numbers 1-20
- Ice Cream Counting Cards
- Flowers Missing Numbers
- Summer Playdough Counting Mats
- 39 Counting Activities for Kids
- Fall Worksheets 1-5
- Monster Count to 10 Matching Game
- Zoo Animals Count to 10 Reader
- Trace & Erase Numbers 1-20
- Flower Number Names Puzzles
Download Monster Memory Game – Counting 1-10
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can download their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- All downloaded materials provided are copyright protected.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!