Make practicing addition FUN with this hands-on Star Wars Addition Activity for kindergarten and grade 1 students.
Kids need regular, consistent practice to master addition within 10 and then addition within 20. Children will add these numbers with great frequency their entire life as they add up numbers from their checkbook, tally items at the grocery store, dish out allowance, create budgets, and so many more common household tasks.
Help students have fun while practicing with this fun Star Wars themed addition activity perfect for May the 4th for Star Wars Day, summer learning, extra practice, and more for Kindergartners and first grade students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this low prep math activity is sure to make practicing addition fun and help kids achieve the fluency they need to master to move on to more advanced math.
Addition Within 20
Star Wars Math
This super cute math game for kindergartners and 1st graders requires very little prep. Simply use scissors to cut the death stars out and cut the x wing fighter plane addition equations apart. It’s that simple!
Students will solve the equations and place them around the death star with the correct sum. Above 2+2 equals 4 so the xwing goes by the #4 death star.
There are so many variations of this fun, educational activity depending on your students abilities:
- You can start by only giving them 2-3 death stars and all the rebel fighter jets whose addition equations equal the sum on the death star. This limits the number of cards they need to sort through (HINT: if you laminate the printable pages students can solve the equations and write that number with a dry erase marker on the addition cards.)
- The next step would be to place all the death stars numbers 1-10 so your student can work on addition within 10
- Next, you can work on addition to 20 with all 20 death stars to sort through
- Finally, there are some subtraction resistance fighters in the mix you can add in for students to sneak in some subtraction practice as well.
Star Wars Printables
Looking for more free star wars printables for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and elementary age kids? Take a peak at these resources:
- Free Star Wars Worksheets to practice math and literacy skills with young learners
- Super cute Star Wars Bookmarks – over 12 templates to choose from!
- Star Wars Letters Printable Pennants
- FUN Star Wars Math – addition and subtraction activity with free printable
- Star Wars Printable Letter Find Worksheet
- BBG Alphabet Tracing is fun star wars printable activities
- Star Wars Multiple Worksheets
- Simple Star Wars Coloring Pages
- Practice sight words with this engaging Star Wars Printable Activity
- R2D2 Star Wars Printable Number Tracing 1-20
- Star Wars Free Printable Calendar
- Cute Star Wars Birthday Party filled with tons of fun star wars activities!
- Free Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Plus don’t miss 101 Star Wars Crafts and Activities for Kids
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Fish Kindergarten Addition Puzzles Activity
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Pigs in the Mud Addition Facts to 10
- Butterfly Mats Addition Activity
- See all of our many FREE addition games
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Star Wars Addition Activity
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.