Over the past year, we have been sharing ideas for handprint alphabet from A to Z. Each time, we shared a new handprint art to go along with each letter. Better yet, they all come with FREE Printable worksheets! The kids find it exciting to make their handprints turn into something, and it is such a fun and “hands-on” way to learn the letters of the alphabet!
These Handprint Alphabet Crafts make a fun, practical art project that is the perfect addition to letter of the week units, book extension activities, themed units. In each link you can find:
- a theme for each alphabet letter
- how to make the handprint crafts
- FREE Alphabet Worksheets to print and use alongside the craft to make it extra educational
- Don’t miss all our alphabet resources and Kindergarten Crafts
- Letter A – A is for Apple These adorable apples are great for the beginning of Fall or the start of a new school year! This post also includes a way to make an apple tree with a handprint.
- Letter B – B is for Bee This super cute bee handprint would go along well with insect units!
- Letter C – C is for Carrot This carrot letter craft would be a great addition to farm, gardening, and spring activities.
- Letter D – D is for Duck How adorable is this little duck?! Make it around Easter time, while learning about life at the pond, farms, or Spring.
Alphabet Handprint art
- Letter E – E is for Elephant This elephant handprint art is one of my favorites. It’s just so cute. This would be a great addition to zoo learning!
- Letter F – F is for Flowers These handprint flowers are a great way to learn about the letter F, but they would also be a perfect gift for Mother’s Day!
- Letter G – G is for Grapes These grapes are so much fun to make. Make them along with a health unit or while learning about fruit!
- Letter H – H is for Heart This heart is so fun and simple to make. You can also include these handprints in cards. This would be a great letter craft to include for valentines day too!
Hand Print Crafts
These alphabet art for toddlers make a great way for kids to have fun learning their letters to go along with letter of the week units.
- Letter I – I is for Ice Cream This ice cream almost looks good enough to eat! The melting sides remind me of a hot Summer’s day. Include this while getting ready for Summer, or with books like “Should I Share My Ice Cream” by Mo Willems.
- Letter J – J is for Jellyfish This adorable little jellyfish would be the perfect addition to Ocean themes!
- Letter K – K is for Kite A kite handprint would be a great way to include art while learning about the weather!
- Letter L – L is for Ladybug This ladybug handprint art is another one of my favroite crafts. It’s a fun way to learn about the letter L, but would also go nicely with insect, spring, or gardening themes.
- Letter M – M is for Mouse I would love to include this sweet little mouse handprint with nursery rhymes like Hickory, Dickory, Dock!
- Letter N – N is for Nest This nest with the birds in it is just so cute. Spring time is a great time to try this one!
- Letter O – O is for Owl Isn’t this owl adorable? I would make this one after reading a book like Owl Babies by Martin Waddell, or even during Fall or Winter.
- Letter P – P is for Penguin There are so many great penguin books for kids and this cute penguin handprint would go nicely with them. I’d also include it as a craft during wintertime.
Which alphabet handprint art will you try first? There is a project for kids to keep busy with washable tempera paint for 26 weeks.
- Letter Q – Q is for Queen This queen is so much fun to make and is also customization. Use different color paints for the skin and hair, or decorate the crown.
- Letter R – R is for Rabbit This rabbit would be fun art to include during Easter or Spring time!
- Letter S – S is for Spider My kids loved making this spider. You could also make it in black or grey and add some orange for Halloween!
- Letter T – T is for Tree This tree can be customized to make it into a Spring, Fall, or Winter tree too! Use it to learn about the seasons!
Alphabet Crafts for Preschoolers
- Letter U – U is for Umbrella The rain drop finger prints included with this umbrella craft make it one of my favorites. This would be great to go along with a weather unit.
- Letter V – V is for Volcano This volcano is so much fun to make! I love the way the handprint is painted to look like fire.
- Letter W – W is for Watermelon This watermelon reminds me of Summer
- Letter X – X is for X-ray Use this X-Ray handprint art as part of a health or about me theme. It’s fun to make the “bones” on this handprint!
- Letter Y – Y is for Yak This Yak is adorable and so much fun to make. My kids were entertained by his long “beard.”
- Letter Z – Z is for Zebra This zebra is perfect for a zoo theme!
There you have it! 26 letters to included in your alphabet handprint crafts! You can make a fun handprint alphabet book to remember your playful alphabet crafts. Enjoy!
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Super cute alphabet coloring pages – just print and color!
- You will love these no prep, printable alphabet crafts
- How cute are these Zoo Animal color by number worksheets for kindergarten
- ABC Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- These Alphabet Worksheets help kids practice so many skills
- Tracing Alphabet cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough!
- Snow Globe Snow Worksheets that help kids practice letter recognition
- Work on color sorting with this low prep printable
- Alphabet Mats are a great way to work on learning your ABCs
- Looking for no prep worksheets to print and trace? Try these a to z worksheet for kindergarten
- Kids will want to practice with these fun kindergarten math worksheets
- You will love these Alphabet Tracing strips for practicing upper and lowercase letters!
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE theme worksheets, free alphabet printables, kindergarten math, kindergarten science, kindergarten phonics, kindergarten crafts, and kindergarten themes!