If you and your toddler, preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten age child are learning about the letter Z, you will love this super cute letter z craft for kids! This week we are sharing a Zebra handprint craft! This zebra art project makes a precious keepsake and a fun way to learn the letter Z. You can use it with a letter of the week program, in a animal or zoo theme, or as an alphabet craft. Don’t forget to download the pdf file and print the free z printable to go along with it for more letter Z practice.
This zebra handprint craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a cute zebra craft. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this activity, we use black paint to make the body of the zebra. Next, we make the zebra’s stripes by making white zig-zags using a paintbrush, and finish by adding details with a black marker. This is such a fun craft for letter z to make with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
Don’t miss all our Alphabet Handprint Art Series with so many cute handart projects for each letter from A to Z.
Letter Z Worksheet
All you need for this fun zebra handart project are a few simple materials you probably already have in your house:
- washable black paint
- washable white paint
- paint brush
- black marker
- baby wipes (or soap and water) to clean hands
First, print the letter z printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the watermelon handprint is drying.
Now paint your child’s entire palm with black paint. This will be the zebra’s body.
zebra handprint craft
Now it’s time to make the handprint! Make a handprint near the center of the page, with the fingers spread out, and the thumb point out to the side. Be sure to make your handprint sideways so that the fingers are pointing down towards the bottom of the paper, with the thumb point towards the side. The fingers will be the legs, and the thumb will be the head.
Zebra hand print
Use a paintbrush and white paint to make some zig-zag zebra stiripes. make some along the top, palm, legs, and neck. You can also make a dot for the eye and a curve for the mouth. After the paint is dry, use a black marker to make the tail, ears, and dots for the eyes. How cute is your letter z handprint craft?
Z is for Zebra
Now your Z is for Zebra handprint is complete! While your zebra is drying, complete the second page letter Z worksheet for more letter “Z” practice! Check out all our Kindergarten Crafts
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Download Letter Z Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!