Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter P. This week we are sharing a super cute P is for Penguin handprint craft. This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter P. Don’t forget to print the free letter p worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a cute little penguin. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a black and white handprint for the penguins body’s body. After it dries we use black and white paint to make the eyes, and then we orange paint to make the beak. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter P!
- Letter “P” is for Penguin printable
- white paint
- black paint
- orange paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the penguin handprint is drying.
P is for Penguin Craft
Start by painting a big white circle in the middle of the palm with white paint. This will be the penguin’s belly.
Next, paint the rest of the palm around the white circle with black paint. Also paint the fingers and thumb black.
Now it’s time to make the handprint! This will need to be done upside-down on the page, so the easiest way to do this is to turn the page upside-down before making the handprint. Make the print with all of the fingers and thumb close together for a penguin-shaped print. Let the print dry completely. After the handprint is dry, it’s time to make the face. Do this by making two white dots, with two black dots in the middle for the eyes. Next, make a triangle shape for the beak.
Letter P Worksheets
While your P is for Penguin craft is drying, complete the Letter P worksheets for more letter “P” practice!
Ad more playful penguin activities, worksheets, and ideas to your day with these resources:
- Colors Penguin Matching Game
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Printable Penguins Counting clip cards activity
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets and themed learning activities
- Cute penguin crafts for penguin awareness day
- Fun, Penguin themed beginning sounds picture cards
- Penguin handprint craft for kids
- Shape penguins sorting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
More Cut Alphabet Handprint Crafts
- U is for Umbrella
- V is for Volcano
- T is for Tree
- G is for Grapes
- X is for Xray
- Z is for Zebra
- Y is for Yak
Download Letter P Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!