Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter I. This week we are sharing a I is for Ice Cream handprint craft! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter I. Don’t forget to print the free Letter I Worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a cute ice cream on a cone. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a pink hand print for the scoop of ice cream, although any favorite color can be used. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter I!
- Letter “I” is for Ice Cream printable
- brown crayon
- pink paint (or another favorite color)
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
I is for Ice Cream
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start by drawing the ice cream cone. First draw a triangle shape, and then draw overlapping diagnal lines as shown above. Or you can get creative and design your own cone! Younger kids may need some help with this.
To make the hand print, paint the whole palm and fingers one color. We used light pink to make ours look like strawberry ice cream.
Turn the paper upside down to make it easier to make the hand print. Place the hand on top of the cone, with the fingers overlapping the cone. This makes it look like the “ice cream” is melting down the sides of the cone. How cute! Let dry and your ice cream is complete! Rinse hands with water or wipe clean.
While your I is for Ice Cream is drying, complete the Letter I worksheets for more letter “I” practice!
Summer Learning Activities
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Sight Word Mazes
- Watermelon Fact Families Printable
- W is for Watermelon Handprint Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles
- Summer Playdough Counting Mats
- Free Bubble Word Family Sorting
- Swimming Goggles Uppercase / Lowercase Alphabet Puzzles
- 30 August Crafts for Kids
- FREE Pool Writing Numbers 1-20
- Camping Worksheets
- Summer Sun Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt
Download Letter I Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!