Kids will have fun learning how A is for apple with this fun-to-make alphabet handart with free letter A worksheets for handwriting practice.
Our Most POPULAR Kindergarten Posts
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Name of Shapes Emergent Reader
- Bingo Marker Letter Worksheets
- Fun Alphabet Mazes
- Snowball Kindergarten Games
- Christmas Color by Sight Words
- Alphabet Hole Punching
A is for Apple
Today we are beginning a new monthly series sharing alphabet handprint crafts starting with A for apple!
My kids love doing handprint crafts, so we starting with the letter “A” and going through the alphabet to help learn letters. This craft is perfect for kindergarten and preschool ages, or any child who enjoys making handprints. Do this craft on a piece of paper, or use the free printable to trace the letters for more letter learning fun!
I couldn’t decide whether to make an apple handprint, or an apple tree. I asked my boys what they would prefer, and of course each chose a different one. So we decided to make both!
- Aa is for Apple printable (optional)
- red, green, and brown paint
- paint brushes
It helps to have wipes handy to wipe hands in between steps to contain any messes. If you choose to use one paint brush like we did, you may also want to have a cup of water to rinse your paint brush. If you’re using the printable, I recommend tracing the letters before painting.
Hand Art Apple Craft
First, use red paint to paint the palm of the hand. This makes the apple. Use green paint to the middle finger, stopping after one knuckle. This makes the leaf. Use brown paint to paint the ring finger, up to two knuckles. This makes the stem.
Press the hand onto the paper to make an apple! My son wanted to make more than one apple, so we painted his hand again (the same way as above) and kept stamping! Let dry, and the apple(s) are complete!
Apple Tree Hand Art
Download Letter A Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!