Are you looking for a fun way to help your kids practice their basic math skills this summer. These kindergarten math worksheets are a great way to sneak in extra practice with cute summer themes like ice cream, sand bucket, and more. These kindergarten worksheets math will help your Kindergarteners practice their counting skills while having FUN. Simply download pdf file with free kindergarten math worksheets and you are ready for NO PREP summer activities for kindergarten!
Kindergarten Math Worksheets
We love counting here at Kindergarten worksheets and Games. Although it seems quite simple the process of learning to count involves a lot of fairly complicated thought processes:
- Things like learning to say the numbers in standard order
- Understanding the concept of quantity
- Recognizing that when you are counting items you are pairing each object with one and only one number name
- Grasping that the last number name said is the one that tells you how many objects have been counted
- Realizing that as you count by ones the quantity increases by one.
- Learning how to read and/or write numbers and understanding what those numbers symbolize.
Phew that is quite a task! But the good news is that with lots of practice and support most kindergarten students will learn all these things without even realizing it. These super cute kindergarten math worksheets are sure to help make the job easier! So practice counting, writing missing numers, learning number words, and using a ten frame with these kindergarten worksheets math!
Kindergarten worksheets math
Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
Generally speaking, children in this age group love to show off their counting skills, so they don’t need too much encouragement. There are loads of fun ways to help kindergartners practice their counting. I find it is best if you can find lots of different approaches that will appeal to a variety of learning styles. Since learning to count is such a foundational math skill we’ve put together some downloadable worksheets to help your kids practice their counting skills.
AN IMPORTANT TIP FOR STUDENTS WHO STRUGGLE WITH MATH
Do you have any students who are struggling to learn how to count? They continue to have difficulties long after their peers master the skill? This is a classic symptom of Dyscalculia (a mathematical learning disability). Learn more about Dyscalculia.
Math kindergarten worksheets
Here’s a fun summer themed freebie for your kindergarten kids. You will find six worksheets to give your students the chance practice counting with super cute Summer Kindergarten Worksheets.
- The first worksheet asks the children to fill in the missing numbers. This is a little tricky for beginners as they have to count forwards and backwards to do this. We have included a number line to help them.
- The second worksheets asks to use number words.Students read the number word and write the corresponding numeral in the box.
- The third worksheet also helps children practice using number names. Kids have to count the number of ice creams in the box and write the corresponding number name. The correct words are provided in the word bank at the bottom of the sheet.
- The fourth and fifth worksheets have the ever-popular ten frames. I love these, because they provide children with a visual cue, so they can see the number. Children will read the number and color in the correct number of squares to match.
- The last worksheet invites students to compare two numbers and pick the larger one. Children look at the numbers on each picture, compare the two, and then color the picture with the larger number.
These printables are great for students needing to practice their counting skills. They can be used in class or sent home as homework. All you have to do is download and print. LOW PREP
Math Worksheets Kindergarten
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Watermelon Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Practice making letters with this hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Summer Playdough Mats
- Smore Skip Counting Activity
- Count to 10 Vegetable Printables
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheets
- Zoo Animal Worksheets
- Summer Maze Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Summer Math Worksheets
- Grab these Summer Free Printable Bookmarks and a book off our Kindergarten Book List
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets pdf
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Counting to 20 Activity
- Free Bubble Word Family Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Game
- Ice Cream Pattern Activity for Kindergarten
- I Spy Ice Cream Printables
- Hot Dogs Number Words Activity
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Bond Activities
- Practice writing with these summer writing prompts for kindergarten worksheets or Build and Write Lego Writing Promtps
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Printables
- Work on phonics skills with these Beginning Sound Activities for summer
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Summer Worksheets
- Surfboard Opposite Puzzles
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Activities for Kindergarten
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Swimming Goggles Alphabet Matching Game
- Pool Summer Counting Count and Trace Activity for Numbers 1-20
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer tracing worksheets
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Summer Activities for Kids
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Fun Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Lego DIY Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Sidewalk Chalk Recipe
- 31 July Crafts for Kids
- Amazing Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Bubble Painting
- 2 Ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- Marshmallow Shooter STEM Activity
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Stunning Coloring Flower Science Experiment
- 107 Summer Activities for Kids
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Farm Number Word Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Ocean Number Worksheets 1-10
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
Free kindergarten math worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can download their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!