Check out these fun o is for owl ideas to your letter o weekly theme! TOddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grdae students will have fun making the cute letter o handprint craft and then practicing writing upper and lowercase letter o with these with free printable letter o worksheets.
O is for Owl
Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter O. This week we are sharing this cute O is for Owl handprint craft. This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter O. Don’t forget to print the free leter o worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice. Make this adorable letter o handprint craft and grab the free printable o is for owl printable to get ready for the next letter of the week. This O is for Owl unit is such a fun way for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to learn their letters. Whether you are a parent, teacher or homeschooler you will love this fun hand art project to make with your little learner.
Letter o handprint craft
All you need are a few simple materials to make this super cute owl craft for kids . This letter o craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a an adorable yet simple little owl. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a brown handprint for the owl’s body, black and white paint to make two big owl eyes, and then we finish with with yellow paint to make the beak. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter O!
- Letter “O” is for Owl printable
- brown paint
- white paint
- black paint
- yellow or orange paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying. Start by painting the entire palm and fingers with brown paint. This will be the owl’s body
Letter o worksheets
Now it’s time to make the O is for Owl handprint. Place the hand in the center of the page, with fingertips pointing downwards. A simple way to do this is to turn the page upside and then make the handprint. The palm will be the owl’s face and body, and the fingers are the tail feathers.
Owl handprint craft
Next up in this letter o owl craft, make two big white circles for the eyes. You may use a thumb or paintbrush to do this. Complete the eyes by making two black dots in the center of each one. Finish the owl craft by using yellow or orange paint and a paintbrush to make a triangle beak right below the eyes.
While your O is for Owl craft is drying, complete the Letter O worksheets for more letter O practice!
Alphabet Handprint Crafts
- E is for Elephant
- B is for Bee
- Q is for Queen
- C is for Carrot
- A is for Apple
- R is for Rabbit
- S is for Spider
- U is for Umbrella
- V is for Volcano
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Punch Cards
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Download Letter O Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!