Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter N. This week we are sharing a cute N is for Nest handprint craft where we use thumbprints to make baby birds! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter N. Don’t forget to print the free letter n worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
Spring Activities for Kids
- Fun Flower Sight Word Mazes
- Seeds make 10 Activity (addition game)
- HUGE Farm Unit
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- N is for Nest Handprint Craft
- Bubble Word Family Sorting Activity
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Free Flower Names Puzzles
- Garden Printable Pack
- Ladybug Alphabet Activity
- Spring Playdough Counting Mats
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
N is for Nest Handart
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a bird’s nest. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a brown handprint for the nest, and then use a thumbprints with blue paint to make baby birds. We finish with with black and yellow paint to make their faces. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter N!
- Letter “N” is for Nest printable
- brown paint
- blue paint
- black paint
- yellow or orange paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start by painting the entire palm and fingers with brown paint. This will be the nest for the little birds to sit in.
Now it’s time to make the N is for Nest handprint. Place the hand in the center of the page, with fingertips pointing towards the side and the thumb pointing upwards.
Nest, make little birds by pressing a thumb into blue paint and making three blue thumbprints.
Make faces for the birds by making two black eyes and a yellow or orange triangle beak for each.
While your n is for nest alphabet craft is drying, complete the letter N worksheets for more letter N practice!
Download Letter N Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!