Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter S. This week we are sharing S is for Spider handprint craft. This alphabet craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter S. Don’t forget to print the free Letter S Worksheets to help kids get more handwriting practice.
More Kindergarten Alphabet Worksheets
S is for Spider Handprint Art
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a S is for Spider handprint. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, you can use a color of your choice to make two handprints for the spider’s body, and then use another color (like white or yellow) for the spider’s eyes and mouth. It’s a simple way to make a super cute spider handprint!
- Letter “S” is for Spider printable
- A paint color of your choice for the spider’s body. We used brown, but black or purple would be fun too!
- A contrasting color for the eyes and mouth (like white, yellow, or orange)
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our S is for Spider handprint, and we do the next page while the spider handprint is drying.
Start by painting the palm and fingers brown (or another color for your spider’s body). Don’t put any paint on the thumb.
Now it’s time to make the handprints! You’ll want to make your first handprint in the center of the page, with fingers pointing towards the long edge. We find this is easiest to do by turning the paper to the side.
To make the spider’s next 4 legs, you’ll need to make another handprint. You may need to add more paint to the fingers. Rotate your paper around to the other side to make another handprint, overlapping the palm with the handprint you just made, with fingers pointing towards the opposite long edge.
After the handprints are dry, it’s time to make the face. Use white (or another contrasting color) paint to make a nose and mouth. Optionally, you can add another color to the center of the eyes. Now your spider handprint is complete!
While your spider is drying, complete the second page of the “S” is for Spider worksheet for more letter “S” practice!
Download Letter S Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!