Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter F. This week we are sharing a F is for Flowers handprint craft! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter F. Don’t forget to print the free letter f worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
Spring Activities for Kids
- Fun Flower Sight Word Mazes
- Seeds make 10 Activity (addition game)
- HUGE Farm Unit
- Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets
- N is for Nest Handprint Craft
- Bubble Word Family Sorting Activity
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Free Flower Names Puzzles
- Garden Printable Pack
- Ladybug Alphabet Activity
- Spring Playdough Counting Mats
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
F is for Flowers
This craft uses just a few colors of paint and supplies to make the a pretty bunch of flowers. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their handprint can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a green handprint for the bunch of stems, and then add yellow centers and colorful flowers using our fingers. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter F!
- Letter “F” is for Flower printable
- green paint
- yellow paint
- paint for the flower petals (purple, blue, pink, or red, etc)
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start by making the stems for the flowers. This will be a whole handprint using green paint. Paint the entire palm and fingers with green paint. Press the hand onto the the center of the paper to make the the stems. Be sure to spread the fingers and thumb out to leave enough room for the flowers. Rinse hands with water or wipe clean. Now dip the pointer finger into yellow paint and make yellow dots on top of each fingertip to make a center for each flower.
Now it’s time to add the flower petals! Using a favorite flower-colored paint, dip the pointer finger into the paint and make dots around the flower’s center. Do this for each flower. Now the flowers are complete!
While your F is for Flowers craft are drying, complete the Letter F worksheets for more letter F practice!
Download Letter F Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!