Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter U. This week we are sharing a U is for Umbrella handprint craft perfect for kids learning the letter U. Don’t forget to print the free printable Letter U Worksheets for handwriting practice.
U is for Umbrella Handprint Art
This craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make a U is for Umbrella handprint. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this activity, you can use paint in any color to make a handprint for the main part of the umbrella. Next, we make the umbrella handle using a paintbrush, and then finish by making fingerprint raindrops.
- Letter “U” is for Umbrella printable
- Colored paint (any color of your choice for the umbrella)
- black or brown paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the tree handprint is drying.
Start by painting the palm and fingers with paint in a color of your choice. This will be the umbrella’s body. It’s fun to use a bright color.
Now it’s time to make the handprint! Make a handprint near the top center of the page, with fingers pointing downwards. This will be the main part of the umbrella.
Use a paintbrush and brown or black paint to paint a “J” shape for the handle of the umbrella. Start around the middle of the handprint, going down towards the bottom of the page.
Now it’s time to make the raindrops. Dip a finger into blue paint and the start making dots for raindrops all around the page. Now you have your super cute U is for Umbrella handprint alphabet craft.
Let dry and then your umbrella handprint is complete! While your umbrella is drying, complete the Letter U worksheet for handwriting practice!
More Cut Alphabet Handprint Crafts
- U is for Umbrella
- V is for Volcano
- T is for Tree
- G is for Grapes
- X is for Xray
- Z is for Zebra
- Y is for Yak
Download Letter U Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!