Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter W. This week we are sharing a W is for Watermelon craft, just in time for Summer! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter W. Don’t forget to print the free letter w worksheets to go along with it for more practice.
W is for Watermelon Craft
This w is for watermelon craft uses some paint and simple supplies to make an adorable handprint art project. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this activity, we use red and green paint to make a watermelon handprint. Next, we make the watermelonseeds by making black paint dots using a paintbrush. It’s a fun and simple way to make an adorable watermelon handprint! Don’t miss all our alphabet resources
- Letter W Worksheets
- red paint
- green paint
- black paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making the w is for watermelon, and we do the next page while the watermelon handprint is drying.
Next, paint the palm with the colors of a watermelon. Start by painting a curved shape at just the base of the hand using green paint. This will be the rind. Next, paint the rest of the hand using red paint. This will be the watermelon flesh.
Now it’s time to make w is for watermelon handprint! Make a handprint near the center of the page, making sure the fingers are close together, with fingers pointing upwards. It’s best to let this dry before moving to the next step.
Use a paintbrush and black paint to make some watermelon seeds. Do this by making a few dots in the red area of the watermelon handprint.
Let dry and then your watermelon handprint is complete! While your watermelon is drying, complete the second page of the “W” is for Watermelon worksheet for more letter “W” practice!
Looking for another watermelon activity or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Watermelon free printable Number Line
- Cute Watermelon Suncatcher Craft
- Watermelon Handprint Art Project
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- free Watermelon seed counting worksheet
- Hands-on Watermelon Alphabet Mat Printable
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Watermelon Counting Clip Cards
- Watermelon seed counting worksheet
- Hands-on Watermelon Counting Activity
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
Download Letter W Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!