Celebrate spring with this super cute n is for nest project. This n is for nest craft is a creative handprint craft where we use thumbprints to make baby birds! This letter n handprint craft is great for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students as they learn the letter N. Don’t forget to print the letter n worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
N is for nest
This n is for nest uses some paint and simple supplies to make a bird’s nest. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this n is for nest preschool craft, we make a brown handprint for the nest, and then use a thumbprints with blue paint to make baby birds. We finish with with black and yellow paint to make their faces. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter N! Then print the letter n worksheets to practice tarcing and writting upper and lowercase letter Ns.
Letter n worksheets
Letter n handprint craft
All you need to make this suepr cute letter n craft are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand.
- Letter “N” is for Nest printable
- brown paint
- blue paint
- black paint
- yellow or orange paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
N is for nest craft
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start the n is for nest handprint by painting the entire palm and fingers with brown paint. This will be the nest for the little birds to sit in.
n for nest worksheet
To continue with this letter n activities for kindergarten, it’s time to make the N is for Nest handprint. Place the hand in the center of the page, with fingertips pointing towards the side and the thumb pointing upwards.
letter n art
Nest, make little birds by pressing a thumb into blue paint and making three blue thumbprints.
letter n arts and crafts for toddlers
Make faces for the birds by making two black eyes and a yellow or orange triangle beak for each.
Letter n worksheets free printables
While your n is for nest alphabet craft is drying, complete the letter N worksheets for more letter N practice!
Alphabet Handprint Crafts
See more of our handprint crafts here – we have one for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z!
- Q is for Queen Handprint Craft with q worksheets
- Duck Handprint craft with letter d worksheets
- H is for Heart hand print craft
- Elephant Handprint Craft for kindergartners
- J is for jellyfish handart for kids
- Mouse Handprint art project for preschoolers
- O is for Owl handart project
- Ladybug handprint craft with letter l worksheets
Looking for more fun craft projects? Try these:
- Lots of Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Super cute, free printable farm animal puppets
- Hundreds Paper Plate Crafts for Kids from A to Z
- Make one of these flower crafts
- These precious keepsake handprint alphabet craftshelp your child to learn the alphabet at the same time!
- Grab your craft sticks, you are going to want to make all of these cool popsicle stick crafts
- Make practicing math fun by making one of these FUN and FREE Math Crafts
- Brr! It may be cold outside, but stay warm in a winter wonderland with these snowflake crafts
- Get ready for the first day of school with these Back to School Crafts
- WE have tons of monthy kindergarten crafts
- Plus don’t miss these super cute and FREE abc crafts for lowercase letters
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
n for nest
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Letter N Worksheets <<