Celebrate spring with this super cute n is for nest project. This n is for nest craft is a creative handprint craft where we use thumbprints to make baby birds! This letter n handprint craft is great for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students as they learn the letter N. Don’t forget to print the letter n worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
N is for nest
This n is for nest uses some paint and simple supplies to make a bird’s nest. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this n is for nest preschool craft, we make a brown handprint for the nest, and then use a thumbprints with blue paint to make baby birds. We finish with with black and yellow paint to make their faces. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter N! Then download the letter n worksheets to practice tarcing and writting upper and lowercase letter Ns.
Letter n worksheets
N is for nest craft
All you need to make this suepr cute letter n craft are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand.
- Letter “N” is for Nest printable
- brown paint
- blue paint
- black paint
- yellow or orange paint
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
Letter n handprint craft
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start the n is for nest handprint by painting the entire palm and fingers with brown paint. This will be the nest for the little birds to sit in.
N for nest
To continue with this letter n activities for kindergarten, it’s time to make the N is for Nest handprint. Place the hand in the center of the page, with fingertips pointing towards the side and the thumb pointing upwards.
N for nest craft
Nest, make little birds by pressing a thumb into blue paint and making three blue thumbprints.
Letter n preschool crafts
Make faces for the birds by making two black eyes and a yellow or orange triangle beak for each.
Letter n worksheets free printables
While your n is for nest alphabet craft is drying, complete the letter N worksheets for more letter N practice!
Alphabet Handprint Crafts
See more of our handprint crafts here – we have one for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z!
- Q is for Queen Handprint Craft with q worksheets
- Duck Handprint craft with letter d worksheets
- H is for Heart hand print craft
- Elephant Handprint Craft for kindergartners
- J is for jellyfish handart for kids
- Mouse Handprint art project for preschoolers
- O is for Owl handart project
- Ladybug handprint craft with letter l worksheets
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Letter N Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!