Next in the Alphabet Handprint Art Series is the letter H. This week we are sharing a H is for Heart handprint craft! This craft is great for kindergartners as they learn the letter H. Don’t forget to print the free letter h worksheets to go along with it for more letter practice.
This craft uses just one color of paint and supplies to make an adorable, personalized heart. It’s always a lot of fun to for the kids to see how their hand print can turn into something else. For this craft, we make a pink or red hand print for the heart, although any favorite color can be used. It’s a simple and hands-on way to learn about the letter H!
- Letter “H” is for Heart printable
- pink or red paint (or another favorite color)
- paint brush
- wipes to clean hands
H is for Heart
First, print the printable to go along with this craft. We like to practice the letter on the first page before making our handprint, and we do the next page while the handprint is drying.
Start by making a pink (or color of your choice) hand print for one half of the heart. Paint the entire palm and fingers with pink paint, but do not paint the thumb.
Turn the paper upside down. Press the hand onto the the center of the paper, tilted sightly towards the edge of the paper, keeping the fingers together. This is the first half of the heart.
Next, make the second half of the heart. Paint the hand way as shown above. place the hand on the other side paper, overlapping the fingers on the first hand print.
The heart is complete! Rinse hands with water or wipe clean.
While your H is for Heart is drying, complete the Letter H worksheets for more letter “H” practice! Check out all our Kindergarten Crafts
Valentines Day Activities
Download Letter H Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!