These FREE Color Sorting printables are a fun, hands-on activity to help toddler and pre-k students work on color recognition. Plus this hands-on math activity uses low prep color sorting worksheet pdf. Use this color sorting printable activity for kindergartners gives children a chance to practice sorting colors and learning color names too. Simply print free printable color sorting mats pdf file and you are ready to learn preschool colors and kindergarten colors.
Color sorting worksheet pdf
Most students LOVE games and puzzles, so anytime you can combine a game with learning you are onto a winner. These mats are a great way to help students work on color sorting. You will love this practical kindergarten math activity for learning colors. As it is the beginning of the school year you are probably working on color recognition and sorting. This Color Sorting mat activity includes 6 sorting mats each one for a different color. There are also 6 picture cards for each color: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Brown, and Orange.
Free printable color sorting mats
Color sorting printable activity
Print onto cardstock and laminate for durability. Cut out the sorting mats and the individual color cards. Separate them into two piles. Place the sorting mats in one pile and the color cards in another pile. Shuffle the color cards.
Color sorting printable
Invite students to choose a color sorting mat. Help students read the color word shown in the corner of each sorting mat. The color word is also printed in the correct color to act as a visual cue.
Color sorting worksheet
Direct students to sort through the color cards and find the 6 puzzle pieces with the same color as the color word on the mat. This game can be used multiple times throughout the school year or as an independent station once students are comfortable playing it themselves.
Sorting colors worksheet
- Use this activity with preschoolers.
- Do a couple of mats at a time.
- Talk about the things you see in the pictures.
- Children may need help with sorting.
- Use the color mats with other manipulatives such as blocks, magnetic letters, or buttons
- Print out copies of the sorting mat on paper and invite children to fill the squares with drawings in the correct color. Brainstorm different objects that might be a certain color. Then invite them to draw and color their own pictures.
Learning Color Names
- Learn color names with this cute craft with our Free Printable Crayon Box Template
- Color Worksheets for young learners
- Free Printable Color Word Puzzles (in color or black and white)
- Learning Colors Printables – color the crayon and trace the color name
- Free The Colors of Fall Printable book
- Pumpkin Color Words Printable
- Fall Color Name Sticker Activity Sheets
- Color Matching Turkey Do a Dot Printable
- Learning Colors Fall Games for Kids
- Free Preschool Turkey Coloring Pages
- Kite Matching Printable – Learning Colors for Toddlers Games
- FREE Printable Color Puzzles
- Color Soring Printable or these Farm Free Color Sorting Printable Mats
- Pompom & Craft Stick “Pencil” color matching activities for preschoolers
- Learning Colors Pom Pom Sorting Activity
- Dinosaur Color Matching Activity with free printable
- Spring Soring Activity -free printable colored eggs into baskets
- Color Matching Easter Activities for Kindergarten
- Umbrella Craft Preschool – Color matching Fruit Loops
- I know my colors Easter Worksheets pdf
- Do-a-Dot Color Word Recognition Worksheets
Learning Colors Activity
- Fidget Color Game for Kids
- Free printable color matching worksheets
- Color Scavenger Hunt printable
- Sandcastle color matching activity
- Mitten Matching Games Online
- Color Sorting Penguin Matching Game
- My Color Book Printable
- Free Mouse Paint Printables for kids to learn their colors
- Color Free Printable Mini Books pdf for Kids
- Color Matching, Free Printable Goodnight Gorilla Activities
- Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
- Super cute Color Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Chameleon Learning Colors Worksheets
- Craft Template Octopus Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Free Octopus Printables – color matching activity
- Pearl Free Color Matching Printables
- Summer Seashell Summer Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Color Matching Worksheet
- Fruit Loop rainbow printable template
- I Spy Colors
- Free printable puzzles – color activities for preschool printable
- Learning Colors preschool painting worksheets
- Color Lock and Key Matching Game
- Christmas Color Games for Toddlers
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Learning Colors Ice Cream activity
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
Color Activities for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Frozen rainbow science experiment preschool
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
- See all of our color activities for kids
- Simple, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Homemade, Edible sand for toddlers
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY – rainbow activities for 1st grade
- Colorful Jelly Bean Science Experiment
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Colorful Polymer Experiments at Home
- Pretty Oil and Water Experiment Worksheet
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this ABC coloring book free file for some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Printables to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient printable crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute alphabet cards to trace with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- Find the Letter worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these alphabet worksheets for kindergarten a to z
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this free traceable alphabet to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
- Rubbery Ducky Addition Activity for Kindergarten
If you have a kindergarten or teach kindergartners, you don’t want to miss all our fun and FREE kindergarten alphabet worksheets, free kindergarten worksheets, kindergarten math printables, easy science projects, kindergarten English, crafts for kindergartners, and kindergarten activities.
Color sorting mat
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can grab their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- All materials provided are copyright protected.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!