We love I Spy games. Whether it is for a class party, a holiday party at home, a seasonal activity or just because. This winter i spy is such a fun winter activity for kids that takes your I spy printables to a whole new level. Grab some blue water, a baking dish and our Winter seek and find printables and let’s get playing! This is such a fun winter math activities for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, and kinderarten age children.
Winter I Spy
Make practicing visual discrimination and counting lots of fun with this winter themed activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindegartners. After you’ve printed our winter printables you will use our fun technique for kids to look through the icy water to spy winter items to count. This I spy Winter is such an outrageously fun winter math activities for kindergarten.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hands on math activity for winter. Use this as extra practice, winter theme, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
I Spy Printables
Winter activities for kindergarten
- 9×13 Glass Baking Dish
- Blue Food Coloring
- Cup / Quart Size Mason Jar
- Fake Snow & Sequins (or glitter)
- Writing Utensil
- I Spy Game and Recording Sheet
Start by placing the I Spy printable under the baking dish.
Winter math activities for kindergarten
Mix a little blue food coloring into water. Pour this water into the baking dish. It doesn’t need to be full, but it does need to fully cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle on glitter, fake snow or sequins. This will help keep the majority of the I Spy sheet ‘secret’.
Put your cup, upside down, into the water. This should create a ‘looking glass effect’ and allow you to see the I Spy printable underneath.
Have the recording sheet on the table next to you, with a writing utensil.
I Spy Game
Moving the cup around the baking dish, look for the objects.
There are two ways to play. You can search for one object at a time, and count as you go. Once you have found all of them, record the number on the recording sheet.
You can also start in one corner of the baking dish and mark talleys on the recording sheet as you find an object. This is a great way to help teach children about tally marks.
This is a perfect activity for a winter day when you have to spend time inside or you could take it outside and play in nature.
Looking for more free winter worksheets, winter activities, and winter themed ideas to make learning fun all winter long? Check out these fun resources:
- Free Printable Winter Worksheets help pre-k and kindergarten age students practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Winter Rhymes –Matching Rhyming Words Games
- Winter Pre-Writing Activity for early learners
- Practice counting to 100 with these free Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Super cute Winter Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Or work on letter recognition with these Color by Letter Winter Worksheets
- Rhyming Words with Pictures Winter Puzzles
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- Winter Syllables printable activity
- Free Printable Winter Story Starters
- Winter Roll and Cover worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun-to-Read Winter Books for Kids
- Practice counting to 10 with this super cute Free Winter Printables
Nothing says winter like snowman! Try these cute snowman printables:
- Build a CVC Word Snowman Activities for early readers!
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Adorable Count to 10 Snowman Printables Book
- Winter Snowman Word Family Spinners freebie
- Printable Snowman Clock and telling time activities
- Fun Snowman Math Craft for kids to practice addition within 10
- Build a Snowman worksheet to help kindergartners work on sequencing
- Winter Playdough Mats for kids to build common winter items
- Practice phonemic awareness with these adorable Snowman Coloring Pages
- Snowman Printables for teaching children basic shapes
- Winter Snap Cube Free Printables
- Hands-on Winter Counting activity for preschoolers
- Free Winter Worksheets for pre-k
- Super cute, count to 10 Snowman Crafts Preschool
- Snow globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Winter worksheets for Kindergartens
- Or try this easy snowman craft that uses circle stickers
Seek and Find Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Download Winter I Spy <<