Use this free printable January Activty Calendar to help kids complete these fun Lego Challenges. This is a great way to incorporate STEM with kids.
Can you believe it is already a new year…even a new decade. Resolve to add in some fun to the new year by engaging in building challenges. Each day is assigned a different building challenge. Your child can create it as simple or complicated as she desires. It can be used for fun or educationally. If you have a builder in the making this will prove to be a great challenge in your home.
1. Use Minecraft: Do you have a child who loves Minecraft? The challenges can just as easily be used for Minecraft as with Lego or other sets of building blocks.
2. Draw the Challenge: If your child is an artist then simply use the building challenges as drawing challenges. If your children love play dough or clay that is another fun way to adapt this challenge.
3. Add in Writing Prompts: Use the building challenges as a catalyst for writing prompts. For example, the first day’s challenge it so build a snowman. Perhaps you can have your child write instructions on how to build a snowman or a story about a day in the life of a snowman. Just get creative or allow your child a chance to pick how to formulate her story.
4. Do the Challenges Together: Make the challenges a group activity with your family or with friends. Try to build the tallest tower or see if you can build a village of snowmen or a ski lodge. Perhaps one child can give instructions on how to build the item to another child. Not only is this fun but it teaches listening and the ability to communicate effectively.
January Activity Calendar
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!