Are you looking for a fun way to help your kids practice their basic math skills? These free printable summer kindergarten math worksheets will help your Kindergarten students practice their counting skills.
Kindergarten Math Worksheets
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN LEARNING TO COUNT?
We love counting here at Kindergarten worksheets and games. Although it seems quite simple the process of learning to count involves a lot of fairly complicated thought processes:
- Things like learning to say the numbers in standard order
- Understanding the concept of quantity
- Recognizing that when you are counting items you are pairing each object with one and only one number name
- Grasping that the last number name said is the one that tells you how many objects have been counted
- Realizing that as you count by ones the quantity increases by one.
- Learning how to read and/or write numbers and understanding what those numbers symbolize.
Phew that is quite a task! But the good news is that with lots of practice and support most kindergarten students will learn all these things without even realizing it. These super cute kindergarten math worksheets are sure to help make the job easier!
Kindergarten Worksheets Math
Generally speaking, children in this age group love to show off their counting skills, so they don’t need too much encouragement. There are loads of fun ways to help kindergartners practice their counting. I find it is best if you can find lots of different approaches that will appeal to a variety of learning styles. Since learning to count is such a foundational math skill we’ve put together some downloadable worksheets to help your kids practice their counting skills.
AN IMPORTANT TIP FOR STUDENTS WHO STRUGGLE WITH MATH
Do you have any students who are struggling to learn how to count? They continue to have difficulties long after their peers master the skill? This is a classic symptom of Dyscalculia (a mathematical learning disability). Learn more about Dyscalculia.
Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
Here’s a fun summer themed freebie for your kindergarten kids. You will find six worksheets to give your students the chance practice counting with super cute Summer Kindergarten Worksheets.
- The first worksheet asks the children to fill in the missing numbers. This is a little tricky for beginners as they have to count forwards and backwards to do this. We have included a number line to help them.
- The second worksheets asks to use number words.Students read the number word and write the corresponding numeral in the box.
- The third worksheet also helps children practice using number names. Kids have to count the number of ice creams in the box and write the corresponding number name. The correct words are provided in the word bank at the bottom of the sheet.
- The fourth and fifth worksheets have the ever-popular ten frames. I love these, because they provide children with a visual cue, so they can see the number. Children will read the number and color in the correct number of squares to match.
- The last worksheet invites students to compare two numbers and pick the larger one. Children look at the numbers on each picture, compare the two, and then color the picture with the larger number.
These printables are great for students needing to practice their counting skills. They can be used in class or sent home as homework. All you have to do is download and print. LOW PREP
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Summer Kindergarten Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can download their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!