Kids love playing with playdough! Playdough is a fun and relaxing activity that allows kids to strengthen motor skills, be creative, and is great for sensory development. Toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age chidren will hae fun practicing how to count to 20 with these spring playdough mats. These counting to 20 mats feature the numberal, number word, ten frames, and space to make the appropriate number or rain drops out of playdough. Simply download pdf file with free printable playdough mats and you are ready for an engaging kindergarten spring activities.
Spring Playdough Mats
This 22-page Spring Counting Mats pack contains one spring-themed playdough mat for each of the numbers one through twenty. Using the playdough mats children will practice forming numbers 1-20, counting by adding playdough raindrops under the cute duck with an umbrella, and visualizing numbers on a playdough ten frame card. This is such a fun math activity for kindergartners, prsechoolers, and toddlers too! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will want to add this hands-on counting activity for kids to your lesson. Use this at home, math center in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Printable playdough mats
Counting playdough mats
First, print the playdough mats on color and laminate them for durability (playdough has an effect on paper.). Alternatively, you could place them in sheet protectors and then just switch out which one you are working on.
Kindergarten spring activities
- On each mat, you will find one large number. This is great for number formation. Your child can form the number out of playdough and then move onto the counting part of the mat. Then they can add the correct number of balls of playdough or raindrop shapes to the number frames. Then they can they make their own raindrops or balls out of playdough; we used blue play dough; placing the correct number of raindrops around the duck and holding the umbrella. They could also use blue sequins instead of play dough.
- Alternatively, if you have laminated these mats, your child can use them to practice their handwriting as well. Using a dry-erase marker, you child and trace the number, draw the correct number of raindrops and then place the correct number of a dots or crosses in the ten frame.
- They could also use math counters, cut out shapes, foam stickers or game board pieces on these mats as well.
- Once they ready to move on, you could use these mats for simple addition and subtraction practice. Using two different colours of play dough, have your child create problems around the snowman and in the ten frames, for example on mat number 6 they could add two blue raindrops and four blue balls to equal six.
See all our Kindergarten Counting Activities
Don’t miss these other AMAZING free playdough mats!
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Pencil Playdough Mats
- Winter Playdough Mats
- Spring Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Summer Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments Playdough Mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats
Count to 20
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Bug Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Place Value Cards Printable Activity Counting to 20
- Monster Counting Mat 1-20
- Apple Seed Counting to Twenty
- Cute Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Gumball Counting Activity
- Hands-on Dominio Counting Game
- Strawberry Counting Activity
- Fruit Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Petshop Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Spring Counting Playdough Mats
- Dump Truck Counting Mat 1-20
- Counting Activities with Gears
- Cute Playdough Corn Counting Activity
- FREE Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets Activity
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
Free playdough mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!